Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have to replace my LCA and despite several hours to browse the forum I can not find a member's post I had read before explaining with pictures how to replace the LCA :crying:

Could anyone help me find this post or another post ... or link a good video on the procedure to replace LCA ?

Kind regards :wink3:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hello everyone

I have to replace my LCA and despite several hours to browse the forum I can not find a member's post I had read before explaining with pictures how to replace the LCA :crying:

Could anyone help me find this post or another post ... or link a good video on the procedure to replace LCA ?

Kind regards :wink3:
@bwana74;

You really have not provided enough information here for anybody to try & help you;

Front or Rear lower control arms??

I'm throwing a hail mary here:

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/23-regular-service-maintenance/13771-half-shaft-cv-lower-control-arm-lca-replacement.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
333 Posts
i just did this recently. you do not need to take the cv axles out. but need to remove wheel, caliper, and rotor. you will also have to remove the lower strut bolt from the lca. this, imo, is the hardest part if your bolt has seized to the lca bushing. i had to cut both of mine out with a sawzall and carbide tipped blades. a lift and a cordless 3/4 impact will work make the work a bit faster.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just did this recently. you do not need to take the cv axles out. but need to remove wheel, caliper, and rotor. you will also have to remove the lower strut bolt from the lca. this, imo, is the hardest part if your bolt has seized to the lca bushing. i had to cut both of mine out with a sawzall and carbide tipped blades. a lift and a cordless 3/4 impact will work make the work a bit faster.
Thanks a lot...you exactly answered on the only thing i was wondering about...taking the CV axles out or not...
Perfect i'll do this without removing CV axles...
Really appreciated :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts