Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2007 Jeep Commander Limited. I normally wear my seatbelt, however my dog doesn't when he sits in the passenger seat. This activates the seat belt fasten chime. I tried the following steps which everyone else has listed but did not work, any other suggestions?

(Steps followed that did not work)
The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert)

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and fasten the driver's seat belt.

2. Start the engine, and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting teh vehicle, unbuckle and re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times, ending with the seat belt buckled, within 10 seconds.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be recactivated by repeating this procedure.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
You could just leave the seatbelt buckled.

I have to do that once in a while if I drive to one of our customers offices and I have one of our project managers with me. He used to be a tight end for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I just bought a used 2007 Jeep Commander Limited. I normally wear my seatbelt, however my dog doesn't when he sits in the passenger seat. This activates the seat belt fasten chime. I tried the following steps which everyone else has listed but did not work, any other suggestions?

(Steps followed that did not work)
The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert)

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and fasten the driver's seat belt.

2. Start the engine, and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting teh vehicle, unbuckle and re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times, ending with the seat belt buckled, within 10 seconds.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be recactivated by repeating this procedure.
You are misinterpeting the proceedure.
Get in, close door, fasten belt, turn key to 'on' position....do not start.
Unbuckle, re-buckle three times, ending with belt buckled.
Turn off key and unbuckle belt.
The chime may or may not sound.

Once successfully re-programmed, the chime will sound at startup if the belt is not buckled but once it has chimed a few seconds it will shut off.
The light will stay on.
The chime will not sound again untill the next startup cycle.

Took me about three attempts on my 07 but persistance paid off.

Search some of the old seat belt chime threads.....you'll see many members had to try it several times before they succeeded.

Rob

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is the best thread I have ever seen. I did not know there was a solution for getting rid of that!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can join the wires under the seat coming off the belt. It works great never hear that chime again.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Awesome thread :thumbsup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
woow good to know..i ll try it later if the procedure is working..thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
ok on my jeep is not working. i try 5 times to do it but nothing....strange..btw it supposed to work just for one ride and not forever?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts