Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone would be able to help solve my problem. My seatbelt indicator/chime is constantly going off despite my seatbelt being on. Sometimes I can move around a bit to get an angle/position so that it doesn't chime anymore. More times than not though, it will start chiming again shortly.

I have tried the "key in ignition, insert seatbelt 3 times in 10 seconds" trick and that doesn't seem to work.

It is a 2007 Jeep Commander. About 6 months to a year after purchasing vehicle, I had an aftermarket remote starter and navigation system installed. I am not sure if these are causing the problem though as the constant chiming didn't start until recently. Car ran fine with new additions for over a year until the first chiming took place. At first the chiming was random and not too often. Unfortunately, over the last few months it seems to have turned into a constant.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this myself? Or am I doomed to bringing it into the dealership, letting them fiddle around to get it turned off and giving me a $1000 bill for electrical repairs?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I don't recall anyone else here having that problem. I don't think the remote start or navigation system have anything to do with it. This is just a guess, but you may have a bad sensor or short in the seat belt buckle that prevents the system from seeing that it is buckled.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is there any way to just shut it off? I dont use my seatbelt and the dinging gets anoying, so i buckle it in and place the belt behind the headrest. I know it is not safe so spare me a lecture, but it could fix his^^ problem as well.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Is there any way to just shut it off? I dont use my seatbelt and the dinging gets anoying, so i buckle it in and place the belt behind the headrest. I know it is not safe so spare me a lecture, but it could fix his^^ problem as well.
Read his post again. He already tried the sequence that turns it off.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd get the codes pulled at autozone or whatever you wanna use....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts