Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 limited and would like to know since I've heard that the Commander is based on the same body as the Grand Cherokee, what is the last year that 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited seats would fit in a Limited Commander?

Thanks Swanny

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
They are based on the same body, but that doesn't mean they aren't different enough that seats won't swap over. Just a difference in interior trim pieces could NOT allow one from the other to fit. Sorry, I haven't heard of anyone every doing it, so you may have to figure it out one your own.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had seen someone use seats from a 2012 JK Rubicon, but had to make a custom bracket to properly (safely!) mount the seats.

2014 Durango seats fit with a bracket also. If I can get my friend to post pictures he took the front seats of a wrecked 2014 R/T Durango with DVD entertainment installed and put them into his 2008 Commander. He then had the rest of the seats re-wrapped with new material to match the Durango seat materials.

From what I saw it was not very difficult.

His current project is tying the 2014 installed seat airbags to activate with the Commander's system. If you know what you are doing these can be replaced, he works for a safety company so I trust he knows what he is doing.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
The brackets in my 06 are bolted on, unlike others that are welded on. Might want to check to see if the Cherokee are bolted on as well. Might be as simple as swapping the mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts