Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So to make a long story short, I got screwed when buying my new 09 Commander. It's a sport edition with the V6, runs and drives great with less than 70k on it. However, after buying it, I noticed that the front passenger seat doesn't have the lever to make the seat move forward or backward. Does anybody know where I can buy the pieces that I need to fix this? I've talked to the dealership and I think all hope is lost as far as their help goes. I've included pictures to show what I'm seeing from my side.

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seat issues

I would go to a junk yard and get the seat rails from a junked vehicle. I am will to bet the same years of Grand Cherokees have the same seat rails if you can't find a Commander.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yea, seat parts are NOT usually in the parts system, in fact ordering an entire seat is extriodinarly expensive, because it is never done; so yea, the dealer is NOT going to be any real help.

Concur with Concours14, you need to go to junkyards and find the bar off an existing seat. Its hard to tell from your photos, there should be interlocking teeth in the rails that the bar/lever disengages to allow it to move. It appears you're just missing the bar, but you might be missing other parts as well.

Like said already, the Commander (XK) is based on the WK generation of the Grand Cherokee, having lots of parts in common, so a bar or seat rails from one of those vehicles is likely to work as well as from a Commander. If you only need the bar, I wouldn't be surprised if a bar off other Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Vehicles would work as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts