Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: WOW! Rear Seats Recline

By this post we can tell what the color of your hair is... Just kidding :D

I hope you know you can fold down the middle seats completely to gain access to the rear seats...

Enjoy your Commander...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yep- I understood the seats and how they fold down. I spoke to the dealer about my kids booster seats and how straight they sat up. :confused: They did not say a word about it. On long trips my kids would have a hard time getting comfortable. Now it should be a comfortable trip for all.

·
Registered
12 Posts

What about the middle seat of the second row? Does it recline? Mine appears to be fixed in the upright position.

·
Registered
131 Posts

yes it does there should be a little teather fixed on the opposite side of the seat belt receiver, pull it and fold it down

·
Registered
45 Posts

Avsfan33 said:
yes it does there should be a little teather fixed on the opposite side of the seat belt receiver, pull it and fold it down
They asked if it reclined, not folded down. And the correct answer is no.

·
Registered
473 Posts

that strap you mentioned broke on mine. they replaced it but as a precaution i say don't tug on it too hard.

·
Registered
396 Posts

With respect to the child safety seats, are you able to get your tether strap through the rear seat headrests? I can't seem to fit the buckle through the non-adjustable headrests.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Read the manual, sycohemi. The tether strap is supposed to go OVER the headrest. I think there's even a picture.

·
Registered
258 Posts

I actually tried it out last night. I would never have guessed.
Funny that the salespeople didnt mention it to me.
Now, if I could only ride back there.:(

·
Registered
110 Posts

I have kids age 5 and 6, they love riding in the Commander second row. When tired they recline and use pillows to sleep. The third row is their absolute favorite though. They like to put the second row down flat and sit in the third row. It turns the Commander into a limo and they can stretch their legs out using the folded second row seats as an ottoman. It also serves as a table and play area during rest breaks.

XKPearl

·
Banned
71 Posts

They also come with a small book in the glove box. It's in a green canvas pouch, and it's called an "Owner's Manual". READ IT! There are lots of things you will learn if you just sit down one night and spend an hour or two reading it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: WOW! Rear Seats Recline - english lesson

Ooohhh, I've got it.
That word "thunk" must be the third form of the verb 'think'.
Think, Thought, THUNK!
Wow, I am impressed.
It's like since plural for goose is geese, then plura for moose is meese.

·
Registered
24 Posts

If only the very back were designed to recline a little, I think it would make it a more comfortable ride for those in the very back! There is always '08 am I right?!

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i don't know if anyone knows this, but i figured out my rear seats, the ones at the back doors not the third row, recline.

its pretty cool!!!!!

i've never seen it in the owners manual.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts