927 Posts
I've just noticed mine is a 4x4!!! :D

Anyone else got one of these amazing modifications? or is it a UK thing? :D

Si

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
A New Secret

How many of you have actually used the jack that came with the Jeep?

My new secret, it didnt get the wheels off the ground!

I had to put 3" under the jack to lift the tire. Anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
4.7commander said:
i made out with a cute older girl at church camp.
Probley my first experience was an older girl at church camp.

·
Registered
456 Posts
HA! You guys just made me get up and go to the garage and take a better look at that visor for myself. I wish I would have known that on my last 2000mi roadtrip!

Thank you for this thread. Whether it has been talked about or not, myself and many others do not have the time to study the owners manual or try to use the rather inefficient search bar; So we ask.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
did everyone know you can turn the very back carpeted area in the trunk to the plastic for dirty items or something.....i would post pics, but cars still in the shop...:mad:

·
Registered
487 Posts
testa23 said:
did everyone know you can turn the very back carpeted area in the trunk to the plastic for dirty items or something.....i would post pics, but cars still in the shop...:mad:

now the dealer did show me that:D

and the power fold mirrors

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
cico7 said:
How many of you have actually used the jack that came with the Jeep?

My new secret, it didnt get the wheels off the ground!

I had to put 3" under the jack to lift the tire. Anyone else experience this?
No problems here. even with the bigger tires I still am able to lift the tires off the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
My kids figured out the reclining seats while searching for new and exciting ways to torment the other kids further back.

Hey, did anyone else know that the headrests can be moved up and down?! I never read THAT in the manual either!... Actually, I only read the manual when I break something or think I break something...

Oh, and I keep discovering that any children's toys (and candy, french fries, etc) you are missing in the back seat area are probably piling up in the electronics bays under the outside seats of the middle row. The floor of the vehicle makes a perfect slope into the little slots.

I wonder what other secrets I can figure out...

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I never tried the jack that came with it, but I AM looking for a place to mount a hi-lift jack.

·
Registered
487 Posts
PolarBZ said:
My kids figured out the reclining seats while searching for new and exciting ways to torment the other kids further back.

Hey, did anyone else know that the headrests can be moved up and down?! I never read THAT in the manual either!... Actually, I only read the manual when I break something or think I break something...

Oh, and I keep discovering that any children's toys (and candy, french fries, etc) you are missing in the back seat area are probably piling up in the electronics bays under the outside seats of the middle row. The floor of the vehicle makes a perfect slope into the little slots.

I wonder what other secrets I can figure out...

how do you move the head rests, mine seem to be araldited in:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks

4.7commander said:
i don't know if anyone knows this, but i figured out my rear seats, the ones at the back doors not the third row, recline.

its pretty cool!!!!!

i've never seen it in the owners manual.
I'm with you, I've owned this Jeep for three months and this is news to me, love this Jeep.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Might have been covered somewhere before, but here it goes...

The 2nd row factory carpet mats fit pretty good on the 3rd row floor. I added husky liners to the front two rows, so the factory stuff was just sitting around. The seats are folded flat 99.9% of the time, but the carpet liners are there - just in case.

·
Registered
577 Posts
PolarBZ said:
I never tried the jack that came with it, but I AM looking for a place to mount a hi-lift jack.
Take a look at mine, it fits like a glove, but it DOES rub the plastic panel on the end a bit. If you were concerned about that, you could cut 1/4 inch off of your hi-lift and it would be fine. Third row sits up just fine, you just have to flip the lift prong of the jack facing the rear to do it. (it is facing forward in this pic) Hope this helps.
-Hemi
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=797&d=1207764508

·
Registered
577 Posts
Also, if you dont have sliders or rails, I would recommend the hi lift "lift mate" which is a gizmo that attaches to your wheel to give you a lift point.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I don't have sliders yet (waiting on 4.7 =) ), but then I'll have a good place to lift from. But you are right, until then, the lift mate would be great because finding a decent place to lift as it is is rough.

HEMI - Thanks for the pic, I'll take a look and see, but I think my jack is longer than yours... do you have the 48 or the 60?

·
Registered
577 Posts
PolarBZ said:
I don't have sliders yet (waiting on 4.7 =) ), but then I'll have a good place to lift from. But you are right, until then, the lift mate would be great because finding a decent place to lift as it is is rough.

HEMI - Thanks for the pic, I'll take a look and see, but I think my jack is longer than yours... do you have the 48 or the 60?
48........ you may also want to check this out, it is offered to fit 1.5 or 1.75" tubing, (I don't know what 4.7 is using, but the rocky road rails are a 1.5" O.D. It makes lifting from round rails a bit safer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180225881466&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

61 - 80 of 109 Posts