Jeep Commander Forum banner

Second Row Seats Recline!

40K views 108 replies 48 participants last post by  jeep5253 
#1 ·
WOW! Rear Seats Recline

I love my Commander. Today I figured out that the rear seats recline. Just lift the seat lever up and push back. Who would of thunk? :eek: Please don't DUH! me like my daughter. Later ;)

#77 ·
PolarBZ said:
I never tried the jack that came with it, but I AM looking for a place to mount a hi-lift jack.
Take a look at mine, it fits like a glove, but it DOES rub the plastic panel on the end a bit. If you were concerned about that, you could cut 1/4 inch off of your hi-lift and it would be fine. Third row sits up just fine, you just have to flip the lift prong of the jack facing the rear to do it. (it is facing forward in this pic) Hope this helps.
-Hemi
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=797&d=1207764508

#78 ·
Also, if you dont have sliders or rails, I would recommend the hi lift "lift mate" which is a gizmo that attaches to your wheel to give you a lift point.

#79 ·
I don't have sliders yet (waiting on 4.7 =) ), but then I'll have a good place to lift from. But you are right, until then, the lift mate would be great because finding a decent place to lift as it is is rough.

HEMI - Thanks for the pic, I'll take a look and see, but I think my jack is longer than yours... do you have the 48 or the 60?

#80 ·
PolarBZ said:
I don't have sliders yet (waiting on 4.7 =) ), but then I'll have a good place to lift from. But you are right, until then, the lift mate would be great because finding a decent place to lift as it is is rough.

HEMI - Thanks for the pic, I'll take a look and see, but I think my jack is longer than yours... do you have the 48 or the 60?
48........ you may also want to check this out, it is offered to fit 1.5 or 1.75" tubing, (I don't know what 4.7 is using, but the rocky road rails are a 1.5" O.D. It makes lifting from round rails a bit safer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=180225881466&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

#81 ·
Do you have to weld them up yourself or do thet come ready to use?

#82 ·
HEMI - thanks for the heads up. Once I get some rails, I'll definitely need a safe place to lift from - although hopefully with my new bumper and winch, I won't need to do MUCH jacking... =)

Assuming I find a way to get down to Wyoming.

#83 ·
a49erFootballFan said:
Do you have to weld them up yourself or do thet come ready to use?
You can buy them unwelded or welded, welded ones are like an extra $20

#84 ·
New Secret

This relates to the forum.....
if you click on the posting number on the right side of the post, it takes you diorectly to that posting....not just the thread, but the posting.

This is helpful if you want to refer to or if you are sending someone to a previous post.....you dont have to go to the entire thread to find it.

Click on the "68"

#86 ·
cico7 said:
This relates to the forum.....
if you click on the posting number on the right side of the post, it takes you diorectly to that posting....not just the thread, but the posting.

This is helpful if you want to refer to or if you are sending someone to a previous post.....you dont have to go to the entire thread to find it.

Click on the "68"
Hey, that's cool ! Thanks for that tip. Now tell me how to change a long url to something like "click here" -- like you did with the "68" in your post.

#87 ·
cico7 said:
For those that were not aware.........
The panel under the steeringwheel folds down for access under the steering wheel.
Didn't know that either ! Thanks, cico7.

#91 ·
Did you now that if you click on the number of the post it makes it a single post and allows you to print that post without wasting paper on all the other items displayed on your screen?

#92 ·
a49erFootballFan said:
Did you now that if you click on the number of the post it makes it a single post and allows you to print that post without wasting paper on all the other items displayed on your screen?
and that is helpful when you want to take something to the dealer....so they can read about it....

#93 ·
cico7 said:
and that is helpful when you want to take something to the dealer....so they can read about it....
Or copying instructions for a personnal resource manual (I copyied the instructions on how to post a thread for future posts).

#94 ·
a49erFootballFan said:
I didn't know that. That is helpful. Thanks!!!

#98 ·
4.7commander said:
did you know you can hit PRINT SCREEN (to take a picture of your desk top on you computer)

then open Paint

then hit

Control V on your keyboard

and it will take a picture of your desk top.

pretty cool!

Yeah, I knew about that one.

#99 ·
We should change the name of this thread to "Did you know..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.