Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Sounds like we need to petition GetLost4x4 for an extended gas tank.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Sounds like we need to petition GetLost4x4 for an extended gas tank.
I like that idea, or at least figure out how to import and certify the one that's being marketed in Australia.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I could easily USE one where the spare tire goes. =) Then I could throw my spare on the roof.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
New thread created by moving fuel tank discussion from trail ride thread.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
I like the idea. I have thought about a spare fuel tank or a fresh water tank where the spare goes and then put a skid plate between the two rails all the way up to the rear bumper. So GetLost4x4 should do a fuel cell and a rear skid plate!!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
another idea for those who are not welling to change the spare tire location or want to have two spare tires, you can use the 3rd row space (after removal) and make around 30 Gallon tank, you can also split it to two sections (water and gas).

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Ahmed said:
another idea for those who are not welling to change the spare tire location or want to have two spare tires, you can use the 3rd row space (after removal) and make around 30 Gallon tank, you can also split it to two sections (water and gas).
That could work for water, but fuel tanks have to be DOT certified for the US market and can't be installed inside the passenger compartment. Something about the fumes and cancer...:eek: Then there's that whole risk of fire issue...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
That could work for water, but fuel tanks have to be DOT certified for the US market and can't be installed inside the passenger compartment. Something about the fumes and cancer...:eek: Then there's that whole risk of fire issue...
Good point, never thought about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts