Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much like most of you that have experienced the stereo going dead and searching for the reason I have found the secret fuse that is related to the stereo. Originally I could not find the reason why my stereo was not working and I replaced the 30amp under the dash even though it wasn't blown. Under the hood in the fuse box to the left you will see 2 double fuses in a yellow clip there are 2 10amp and in a black clip there are a 15amp and a 20amp. In the manual it says that these are spares when in fact they are not. I opened up the black clip and inside the 20amp was blown. Once I replaced it I instantly had my stereo back.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Much like most of you that have experienced the stereo going dead and searching for the reason I have found the secret fuse that is related to the stereo. Originally I could not find the reason why my stereo was not working and I replaced the 30amp under the dash even though it wasn't blown. Under the hood in the fuse box to the left you will see 2 double fuses in a yellow clip there are 2 10amp and in a black clip there are a 15amp and a 20amp. In the manual it says that these are spares when in fact they are not. I opened up the black clip and inside the 20amp was blown. Once I replaced it I instantly had my stereo back.
It would help if you could post a pic of this fuse in the fuse box. Also, what model Commander do you have?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
commanderjman said:
It would help if you could post a pic of this fuse in the fuse box. Also, what model Commander do you have?
Yep, a pic and some more info about your Commander, would definitely be helpful.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
These are the same set of fuses you use to reset the uconnect feature when it no longer works. You turn on the key but don't start pull fuses, turn off key reset fuses and the turn on key can even start xk and uconnect should be working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts