Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Security Alarm System on my Commander and can not find anything in the manual on how to completely disable it. I read on how to prevent the alarm from activating but this is nothing but a pain in the butt. Specifically, I want to have the ability to lock and unlock the Commander with either a key or the FOB. I will be utilizing a shuttle service on an upcoming fishing trip and do not want the alarm going off when the shuttle people go to move it for me each day. I think my fellow fly fishermen might ask me to leave the river with all the noise it will make. Not to mention what the shuttle people might inadvertently damage trying to silence it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. I took the Commander to the dealership today for some work and asked about either disabling the entire security system or at least disabling the part that sets it off if you use the key to open the door if you used the FOB. After telling me it was all possible they changed their mind and said it couldn't be done when I picked it up. So either it is not possible for them to do it with the Startech system or there is some policy against it.

I think we have our government to thank for this. I used to work of a major electronics supplier to the OEMs and remember something about the government getting all over the OEMs because vehicles were too easy to steal. So now it is an inconvenience to use your vehicle the way you want to use it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts