Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have developed (in my mind) the exhaust system I want for my Commander (5.7L Hemi 2WD). It includes a cat back system with a Borla Turbo XL muffler with dual outlet, then dual Borla stainless steel pipes finished off with two Borla dual square angle cut inter-cooled polished tips. Yes, yes I know the dual exhaust starting at the muffler adds no performance benefit...I'm doing for the looks. My question is for those who have any experience with Borla exhaust products. What was your opinion regarding the performance or the sound created. I'm installing an AEM Brute Force intake later this week, then the Borla exhaust, and then finishing things off with the Superchip Programmer (when they develop it for the Hemi).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've always seen Borla products fall apart, meaning the internalls, prematurely.
I always stick with Magnaflow products. Much better build quality.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Borla make a high quality product, period, the problem with exhaust questions is like asking about shoe's, everyone has a favorite or a good or bad experiance. If you stick with a quality stainless steel product and a brand name regardless of which and I'm sure you can piece together a system that will make you happy. Borla has a lot of applications, as does Magnaflow, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Bassani and a host of others while some brands tend to be more make specific they all sound different on diferent vehicles, in my opinion Borla cat back systems tend to be alittle quite for my taste, they sound great I just perfer the volume a bit higher. The above recomendation is a good one, Magnaflow mufflers do sound great, I currently run them on my Lightning, they give you a nice deep high performance sound, as for better than Borla on build quality I'm not sold on that there both solid products. Good luck with your build, Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts