Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I bought mine used from Get Lost. Here's my discussion thread.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7086

Note that most of the discussion including the need to cut wheel well plastic liners was about the 32 inch tires I put on. But I show before and after pics. I'm happy with mine.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
No problems here. Great customer service too!!! Click on the pic below!!!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
THATS FOR THE POST GPIN.....THAT HELPED ALOT.. how did you acheive a 4" differenece in the front with the 2" lift?
Two part answer. I installed the lift at the same time I installed taller tires.

First: the tires are 2.6 inches taller diameter. Half of that is added height, so 1.3 + 2 = 3.3 inches.

Second: This is harder (for me) to understand. It has to do with the geometry of changing the the strut angle (I think) because the reach is 2 inches longer but attaches to the same point on the truck. There have been discussions on this that describe it in great detail that I frankly didn't quite understand. But the lift plus tires raised the front 4 inches and the back by 3 inches if I remember right.

Your overall height will be different and will depend on the diameter of tires you have or will have put on.

Make sense?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
CanadianCommander,

I see from another post that you have 245/75/17's. Those are about 31.5 inch diameter, which are about 2 inches taller than stock. So you have already lifted your Commander 1 inch with those tires. So if you add the Rusty's 2 inch lift, you will achieve total with tires and lift about 3.5 inches on the front compared to stock setup. In other words, about 2.5 inches on the front from the lift alone. (approximately).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts