Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I drove my jeep around. Its been sitting for 4 months. Anyway I took it to the car wash and when I started it up to leave, the dash lit up with esp bas , abs and traction control light. Also when I turned it felt like the rear end was binding up. My jeep only has 46000 miles. Is this something simple?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Really depends on what the error codes are that triggered those dash lights. I just had a similar thing happen where ABS and ESP/BAS lights came on. Turns out the under-hood fuse for the tail lights failed. This caused U0415 (invalid data received from abs) and C107C (brake pedal switch 1/2 stuck) and obviously no tail lights. Replacing the 15A fuse resolved it.

Short story is, read the codes (or have them read at a local auto-parts store if they'll do that) and go from there. Good luck!

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
Today I drove my jeep around. Its been sitting for 4 months. Anyway I took it to the car wash and when I started it up to leave, the dash lit up with esp bas , abs and traction control light. Also when I turned it felt like the rear end was binding up. My jeep only has 46000 miles. Is this something simple?
@srad2drag Those are the classic symptoms of a bad wheel speed sensor. Do the "key dance" to get the codes. That will tell you if it is indeed a bad wheel speed sensor and if it is front or rear. Unfortunately, it will not tell you which side. To find out which side you will need a code reader. The major auto parts stores will read your codes for free.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@srad2drag Those are the classic symptoms of a bad wheel speed sensor. Do the "key dance" to get the codes. That will tell you if it is indeed a bad wheel speed sensor and if it is front or rear. Unfortunately, it will not tell you which side. To find out which side you will need a code reader. The major auto parts stores will read your codes for free.
You hit the nail on the head!! it was the right rear wheel speed sensor. The jeep is still under warranty so I took it to a sjeep service center and they replaced. The actual part was only 37.00.

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
You hit the nail on the head!! it was the right rear wheel speed sensor. The jeep is still under warranty so I took it to a sjeep service center and they replaced. The actual part was only 37.00.
The rears are easy to change. I did mine myself and I'm not very mechanical. The fronts are more involved and fortunately I haven't had one go bad yet. Glad that's all it was for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts