Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had this message displayed or know what it means? Other than the obvious. My Commander has less than 1500 miles on it and the light just came on. However, I turned the engine off and back on and the message went away. Anyone else had this happen and had it checked out? Lucky for me I have a service appointment in the morning to have the mopar fog lights installed (free from the dealership). So they can look at that too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Same problem, two or three times, with about the same mileage. We were in Phoenix at the time, a dealer there said not to worry unless the light stayed on. I "cancelled" mine with the display buttons. Now at ~8000 miles, haven't seen the message again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haven't experienced that. If you turn your key to the on position and then cycle off-on three times your evic will display any trouble codes stored in the computer. You can google the code and maybe get more specifics. I was screwing with all the buttons on the steering wheel and now have some cruise control code showing. No service lights and no problems though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Another data point: I had a similar experience (with Jim and Leighj) -- 'Service 4wd system' came on one time. When I turned the engine off to call Jeep dealer I found that the warning had disappeared. It hasn't reappeared in about 800 miles since. The dealer said they would check it next time in.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer looked at mine today (when they were putting in the fogs) and said that that a plug that ran to the computer was loose, and that some water had gotten in there...they dried it out and secured it...Good as new....which is good since it is only a month old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts