Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get a service contract(SC) even if your vehicle is modified?
There seem to be different levels of SC's so I wouldn't buy one that covered the suspension because of my lift. But I should be able to buy one that covered the drivetrain(engine, tranny, and driveline) right?

What do some of you that have modified rigs have for a SC?

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
A service contract? Are you talking about an extended warranty? If so, then you don't have much to worry about because the only way warranty coverage can be denied is if the modifications you made to the vehicle caused the failure of components covered under warranty.

In other words, if you have an extended warranty and something breaks on/in your engine, your warranty repair should be honored even if you have a lift or other suspension work. Anything unrelated to your lift shouldn't have an effect on your warranty.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I purchased my lifetime extended warranty AFTER installing my lift.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
So did I, but I still think that if the lift is determined to be a direct cause of failure, it wouldn't be covered.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will be buying one I just have to decide where. I'll start at the local dealer and go from there. It's going back again on Monday for a stuttering issue. After I back out of a parking spot and put it in drive it will spit and sputter for about 4 seconds then it will run normally.

Off to search!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Google Chrysler warrantys, you will get different dealers selling the same warranty. Get your best price then go to your dealer with that price. I used Chryslerwarranty.com or warrantys.com, can't remember. 7 year 85.000 mile zero deductable for around $1.500. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts