Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow, $375 from chryler a bit stiff for my blood. Less then $70 on Ebay. Why is that? I have never bought anything on Ebay. Is it possible to PHONE an order in rather then put my CC info on line? I dont have a PayPal account and dont want one. john

·
Registered
195 Posts
John, PayPal isn't all that bad, I've had an account for several years, just the initial steps with a CC, nothing further, no bank account. Limits the $, but if you're getting stuff for a few 100s (I think, don't spend that much), it works fine. And makes the process easier & quicker for the eBay vendors/sellers.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
John said:
Wow, $375 from chryler a bit stiff for my blood. Less then $70 on Ebay. Why is that? I have never bought anything on Ebay. Is it possible to PHONE an order in rather then put my CC info on line? I dont have a PayPal account and dont want one. john
The ebay ones are CDs (possibly illegal copies). I think the $375 ones are the books.

·
Registered
31 Posts
John said:
Wow, $375 from chryler a bit stiff for my blood. Less then $70 on Ebay. Why is that? ...
I can't say for sure about this particular seller, but the service manual I bought off of ebay for my '99 Ford Ranger was simply a burned copy of the factory CD-ROM. Worked fine, and I paid less than $10 for it. The question is why they are getting ~$70 for the Commander. Also notice they have "**Direct Downloads are available**"

·
Registered
588 Posts
I thought you could buy DVD's from the dealer also for something around that $70 figure?? Far as I am concerned the $375 is a major rip off. I am willing to bet Jeep doesnt want us to have a service manual, and that irritates me cause the owners manual while being thicker then a bible, is USELESS on things as simple as QUANTITIES. john

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
It'd be nice is a service manual (electronic copy) came with the vehicle. Hell, it'd be even better if it was programmed into the nav system. $100+ is a rip off when you consider that once its made up, it costs nothing to reproduce in electronic format.

·
Registered
41 Posts
'Service Manuel!' is something Basil Fawlty may be heard screaming...

along with 'On those trays'...'quatro'

apologies to our US posters who may not have a clue what Fawlty Towers is!!

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Fohn_Jargo said:
I would think, unless you bought yours in a private sale, or you lost it, the dealer would provide it free.

Even if you bought it used at a dealer, I would think they would provide one.
He wants a service manual not an owner's manual.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That would be a good way to do it. I have a manual for my other car on my computer. I only print the pages I need (which is rarely more that 6 or so). We could pitch in $10 and Red could set it up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The service manual does not identify each component clearly so advance mechanical skill is recommended. All you get are arrows and numbers pointing to different parts on a drawing but the numbers and parts are not identified in the text.

Take for example serpentine belt removal..Instructions are there to loosen the tensioner and remove the belt. But exactly where is the tensioner in the drawing? It does not clearly point out to you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts