Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the best discussion list I could find to put this question in. What Service Manual do you use on for your Commander? The only one that I have been able to find is the one from ManualsMopar through e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Commander-Repair-Service-Manual-2006-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34224QQihZ003QQitemZ130182459391QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Do you recommend this manual? Or is it just the only one out there so we are screwed? Or is there a better one out there? I have not found a Chiltons or a Haynes manual on our beloved Commander.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
How much would people be willing to pay for a copy of a Jeep Commander/G.Cheerokee service manual on a disc? I have access to all Chrysler Service Manuals on a disc.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
neongts said:
How much would people be willing to pay for a copy of a Jeep Commander/G.Cheerokee service manual on a disc? I have access to all Chrysler Service Manuals on a disc.
I would be interested but not for the prices I have seen on eBay for a 5 cent disk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the good of all fellow commander owners a fee of $10 would be a bargain by disk or $5 by download from the net:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
I would be interested but not for the prices I have seen on eBay for a 5 cent disk.
Do you say the same thing when you buy a DVD or Music CD?
You aren't buying the disk but the copyrighted material that is on it.

Plus I am guessing most of those CD manuals are bootlegged copies which would technically make them illegal.

I am not saying I wouldn't buy a copy of a service manual but it still is copyrighted material.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
walkjon said:
Do you say the same thing when you buy a DVD or Music CD?
You aren't buying the disk but the copyrighted material that is on it.

Plus I am guessing most of those CD manuals are bootlegged copies which would technically make them illegal.

I am not saying I wouldn't buy a copy of a service manual but it still is copyrighted material.
No, I am just saying they are asking way more then the need to to cover the cost of the completed project. I do not feel $100 is a fair price even if copyrighted. I do not mind paying a fair price for anything.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrzCajun, thanks for the link, I didn't think about searching for a thread on the topic already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts