Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have had mine go haywire from dirt, and also by using a rear bicycle rack. It gave the message in EVIC and also the light on the switch went on to indicate that it was switched off. It cleared itself up after cleaning dirt +or removing the rear rack.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sorry for the bump, but I also had this message come up today when driving. I assume the recent snowfall here in MI was causing this message. I checked the rear bumper when I got home and there wasn't any snow/ice, and I haven't been rear-ended. If this isn't weather-related, is/are the parking sensors going bad? Odd for a nearly 2 y/o Commander to have the park assist sensors fail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had the same thing, today only, we got dumped on last night (12 inches) so maybe I will give it a wash and see if it clears the system up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine did the same yesterday, it must be the snow. I have never used it before so I was a bit surprised when it came on backing out of the driveway.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Snow and the exhaust that "steams" up causes the sensor to get concerned I think. This is a regular occurrence for me (in the winter) and it does not effect anything else. Just a quick wipe and off I go. You should also notice its the right rear that goes off usually before this happens even when there isn't anything behind you. My guess is the condensation from the exhaust causes this issue plus any snow that is being blown off your XK or by your XK as you zip down the road avoiding ditch divers and people who are nervous wrecks on the roads.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Its has happen to me for the past month. Had a ice storm and it was on for a while and your right clean it up and its all good

·
Registered
64 Posts
update, so far it turned out to be this snowy weather playing havoc w/ the park assist system. everything is working fine now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts