Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2007 sport 4wd w/V6. In the past month I've started to get the "Service Park Assist" warning. In the past week or so when the warning comes on it seems like I'm having issues accelerating when I'm at a stop light and I try to accelerate quickly. It starts to accelerate then it hesitates, I then let off the gas and try to accelerate again. The past few days I've disabled the park assist system and I haven't had any issues accelerating. Could the two issues be related? Any idea how much it costs the have the park assist system "serviced"? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wouldn't say that the park assist should have any bearing on the acceleration issue. The system is not designed to have any impact on the vehicle's movement or controls.

Dirty sensors, or failure due to the nature of the parts, is a probable cause for the issue. However, having issues accelerating leads me to believe there is an issue somewhere else. Acceleration is typically altered by the ESP/TCS when it detects wheel slippage. I would test this by stopping the vehicle, holding the ESP OFF button until you hear it chime and see the notification on the EVIC, and then try to replicate the issue (with the park assist warning active).

If this seems to have solved the issue, at least you have a little more information. I have no clue what could cause this to happen, other than the computer or sensors acting up (which I can't imagine would be affected by a failure in the parking system - but you never know).

·
Registered
1 Posts
park assist

We also have a 07 commander that is doing the same thing as described above, it only has done the park assist light once but the acceleration problem 4 or 5 times now....push the shifter into neutral and back to drive and it works fine! Any more ideas?

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
My back-up/park assist sensor went bad (I was getting the service park assist warning) and the back-up sensor would light up briefly when I first started backing up and then it would go out and I would get the service park assist warning. I had to have the back-up/park assist sensor replaced about 4 months or so ago and haven't had a problem since - but I have never had any of the acceleration issues being described here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts