Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On occasion(maybe twice a week) I get a service park assist message. I have a bike rack which is on most of the time and I turn off the Park Assist function. It seems as if Iget the message whether Park Assist is turned off or on. My 06 XK gets many comments that it looks brand new, so I doubt it is dirty sensors. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
On occasion(maybe twice a week) I get a service park assist message. I have a bike rack which is on most of the time and I turn off the Park Assist function. It seems as if Iget the message whether Park Assist is turned off or on. My 06 XK gets many comments that it looks brand new, so I doubt it is dirty sensors. Any other suggestions?
Check the connection to the sensors. Corrosion on the connectors could cause that

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I've gotten the service park assist message when I have had my bike rack on and forgot to turn off the park assist. It was gone the next time I removed the bike rack and restarted the vehicle.

Like mentioned, dirt/salt/moisture could get into the connectors for the sensors. I'd disconnect them spray electrical cleaner in both sides of the electrical cleaner and put dielectric grease in the connectors before reconnecting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts