Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Does anyone know what the warning message "Service Tire Press System" means? Can you please let me know how to fix it?

I have a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited fitted with a Mercedes V6 diesel motor. The Jeep did not come with a manual.. I have checked the tyres manually and they are all okay. Thank you.

Kind regards
Lionel

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello All,

Does anyone know what the warning message "Service Tire Press System" means? Can you please let me know how to fix it?

I have a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited fitted with a Mercedes V6 diesel motor. The Jeep did not come with a manual.. I have checked the tyres manually and they are all okay. Thank you.

Kind regards
Lionel
Do you have stock or aftermarket wheels? Does the HUD show the pressure for all four wheels or nothing?

I would guess the system is reading the TPMS that go in each wheel because you either have new wheels that don't have them or the batteries in the stock wheels have died. Even though the tires have good pressure the system can't determine that so it is telling you to check the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have stock or aftermarket wheels? Does the HUD show the pressure for all four wheels or nothing?

I would guess the system is reading the TPMS that go in each wheel because you either have new wheels that don't have them or the batteries in the stock wheels have died. Even though the tires have good pressure the system can't determine that so it is telling you to check the system.
Hello Heffercow,

Thank you for replying. The system used to recognise the tyre pressure as the rims are originals. Admittedly it was 12 months ago that I was given a warning that one tyre was loosing air. Batteries? Where would they be?

Kind regards
Lionel

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
In the wheel sensors they are not replaceable. Your local tire shop can tell you which one is bad. About $60.00 for them to replace/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts