Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bare with me...

I've used the search and have found out that the chassis for the 06 and 07 are the same. I know that a 5.7 Hemi, is a 5.7 Hemi doesn't matter what year...BUT, the 08 Hemi now has different plug wire configuration.

1st ? -- Does that still hold true for the 08? I want to purchase the Superlift 4" kit but they do not advertise one for the 08 Commander. Will this still work...and have they fixed the ESP issue? Do I need their/AEV's electronic module to fix the ESP?
http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K864R

2nd ? -- (doesn't have anything to do with the plugs) Will the '07 AEM Brute Force CAI fit the 08 5.7 Hemi? If so, would other MODs like the Jet Chip work for the 08?

I just want to say, that I appreciate all replies and all the inspiration you guys have given me! I can't wait to get back and start tinkering with my new XK.

Slainte'
O'C

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
The Superlift 4" should work on the '08.

You WILL need to adjust the ESP using the AEV module.

All CAIs that fit '06 and '07 should fit an '08.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hey there Irishman-
-There should be no difference for the superlift kit for 06-07-08 years, they probably just haven't updated the site. Best to give them a call (can you do that from Iraq?) :confused:

-You MUST use the AEV EGR module with the lift, newer versions of the kit come with it. (p/n K864 or K864R) Older versions of the Superlift kit do NOT come with the module (p/n K829 or K829R) and you will need to purchase it seperately from AEV. Keep this in mind if you think you are getting a screaming deal on an old kit, you need to factor in the three bills for the EGR.

-I am also pretty sure intakes are no different, but again, best to double check with the manufacturer. By the way, I love the AEM intake, that polished tube looks killer under the hood, and really cleans up the engine compartment. The filter is really easy to clean and re-use.

-Hemi

·
Registered
577 Posts
Oh, one other thing - I just remembered reading somewhere that Jeep redesigned the SCM (steering control module) , which is what the EGR plugs into and the plug is different on the '08. Maybe that is why the Superlift site does not have it listed for an '08.
However, AEV was working on an adapter. Here is a link to AEV's forum with that info:
http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=156

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Jeep5253 & Hemi!!!

Damn, Hemi...your build sheet looks like my dream sheet....
Mods: Superlift 4" Lift, 4" Rear, 5.25" Front w/ Custom Spacer, AEV EGR Module, BFG ATKO 265/70R17, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, AEM Brute Force Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Jetchip Stage 2,

How does the BFG ATKOs fill up (look in) the wheel well? Do you have any pictures posted here?

Thanks again for the replies.

Cheers,
O'C

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Irishman - If you post a pic of your XK and a pic of the rim, I'm sure someone will beable to photochop it for you!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CrzCajun said:
Irishman - If you post a pic of your XK and a pic of the rim, I'm sure someone will beable to photochop it for you!!!

Thanks Cajun, but I'm in Iraq and haven't picker her up yet. I will look for a generic pic of the XK...I haven't seen any straight on pictures of the wheels. I guess I can always check to see if TireRack has em...they have a nice set up.

Cheers,
O'C

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
IrishmanO'C said:
Thanks Cajun, but I'm in Iraq and haven't picker her up yet. I will look for a generic pic of the XK...I haven't seen any straight on pictures of the wheels. I guess I can always check to see if TireRack has em...they have a nice set up.

Cheers,
O'C
I see. Since you're out there serving some time and supporting your country, I'm more than sure that someone will beable to find those pics for you. If I had photoshop I'd do it, but I don't. Thanks for your service!!!

Where are you Romeo? Can you give this man a hand?

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
CrzCajun said:
I see. Since you're out there serving some time and supporting your country, I'm more than sure that someone will beable to find those pics for you. If I had photoshop I'd do it, but I don't. Thanks for your service!!!

Oh Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo ?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Well actually, Romeo is a Montague and Juliet is a Capulet. The "Wherefore Art Thou" is Juliet asking why he is who he is....a member of the family of which her family hates.

So she wants to know why he is from the family her family despises.........

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CrzCajun said:

I am humbly doing my part. But there are many many more on this site that have already done theirs, those and the others part!

Thanks for soliciting on my behalf!

V/r,
O'C

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Anybody wanna help the Irishman out with photochop?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hope this helps, I didn't have much time since I just saw this as I was gona go, but here it is...

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Thanks Romeo!!!:)

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good looking out, Romeo!!! That gives me a really good idea on what they will look like. Anyone else think they look better on the bronze XK (second one)?

Cheers,
O'C

1 - 20 of 24 Posts