Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news, There is a god........The bad news is he hates my family. OK OK I am just joking around but it has been a crappy couple days. It seems that the only thing we need right now is exactly what we don't have, money. I'll start at the beginning, Friday morning my wife is in an accident. We are lucky that both her and the dog are not hurt but shaken up alittle. They were hit in the side by our local FedEx truck(can't wait for our next delivery HEH HEH HEH) Her Jeep is not so lucky the fenders, hood, grill, radiator, and some other parts are all screwed up and pretty bad. Insurance is going to cover it but still need to come up with $1000 deductable. Today my mother-in-law hit a deer and screwed her car up pretty good. She needs a new mirror, windshield, door and various other body parts. They don't have the money to afford to fix up and old car. And last but certainly not least, the XK suffers today as well. Now my damage was by far the least but I haven't been able to see it in the light yet. On the way home from work I was hit by a deer. The deer ran out of a ditch and was trying to cut in front of the jeep so I slammed on the brakes and swurved to avoid it but it turned and ran head on into the driver door. There is a dent that isn't too big but it was a buck so i'm not sure if there is much or any paint damage. I will be able to see what it really looks like tomorrow in the light I think I should be able fix it myself if it is not that bad. All I can say is I am very very very thankful that no one was hurt through all of this it just stinks having these things happen especially one right after the other. I will keep posting updates on the Jeeps being repaired.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck in the family vehicles. At least no one is hurt. Just to share the pain, last month we had 3 vehicles in the body shop in a period of 2 weeks. It is no fun.

Do like I did, take all 3 vehicles to the same body shop and try to get a deal. We had one of the $500 deductibles waived. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Good Grief......I'm surprised your head didn't explode yet.
At least on the Fed Ex deal, it's a liability claim on their part, so you should be shielded from the deductable. Unless your a no fault insurance state, in which case I may have mis-spoke.
At least, everyone is OK, ya just got a bunch of cars to fix.

Hang in there, a year from now you'll have a great, my story sucks worse than yours situation,

Rob

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sometimes sh*t happens to everyone.

But looking at the bright side, your family is still lucky because no one is hurt.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
that sucks. last month really sucked. this month is turning out good.

i'd make FEDEX pay for the damages. i know they have taken over $1000 from me this year. shipping is expensive.

sorry, hope it gets better.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Was it just the side door of your XK that was damaged?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry to hear about the hard luck, and like everyone said, lucky no one was hurt. Now go enjoy a deer roast:) I know at one time cars killed twice as many deer as hunters every year, not sure if it is still that high, but I know cars are still in the lead, what a waste. Because they are tasty (Deer not the cars).

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hmmmm....... Here's a concept. Maybe God LOVES your family and kept you from being hurt.....

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Good everyone is ok ... what man made can be fixed. :)

You should go for experience body shop who know how to deal with Unibody vehicles such as the Commander, they are tricky to fix!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Accidents suck! My wife was involved in one earlier this year and I can sympathize with your situation. Unfortunately my wife ended up in the hospital and the other guy who skipped the median ended up life flighted. You have a lot to be thankful for! Things will get better hang in there!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Glad everyone is okay.

There is a supporting vendor from lxforums.com in Avon, NJ that does fantastic body work and all sorts of other hotrod type mods.

I think it's 402motoring. They are located at 402 Main St. in Avon.

Maybe they can hook you up with a package deal.

Good luck.

John

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! The XK isn't bad, just a little scuffed and a dent nothing major at all. The TJ is in the body shop now and lucky the local shop is registered with the insurance company so the process should be quick. The bad part is that I have to pay the $1000 no matter what and then the insurance and the court will determin if I get it back or not (most likely yes) As you all have pointed out and believe me I an thankful that no one was hurt. I am lucky that everyone is ok but I would have liked to get that deer. He ran off into a field and most likely wasn't injured from the hit, too bad he could have been stew, jerky, or burgers. Oh well I guess is is better that he wasn't hurt because the XK probably would have been hurt more too. Thanks again to everyone and remember if times get tough you need to find a way to laugh, if not you will probably cry.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Bad things come in threes. You are now due some really good luck, just in time for the holidays!

You were blessed because everyone is OK!

·
Registered
228 Posts
it might have been a blessing-in-disguise!

it was for me aleast.

end of october this year, i had been praying about my finances. i had a car that i had rolled negative equity into, when i bought it. interest rate was a little high, but i Loved the car. (acura tsx)

well after a couple day of praying... I get into an accident! my first one, in 10 years of driving.

my car:

other persons car:

everyone was fine. no injurys.
Insurance said my car was totaled. so, between insurance and "gap" (love gap), everything was paid-off!

driving a "new-to-me" car. better monthly payment and much better interest rate!

Go God!
he sometimes has a weird way of doing things, but he's always there to help.

i'm done "preaching" now.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i almost killed a deer today and saturday with my bumper.

we have lots of deer in town. a whole herd. i was hitting the gas to go up a hill and a stupid deer jumped out of the bushes. i was only going about 20mph so i had plenty of time to stop. i missed her by about 1 foot.

saturday we took a little trip to the mountains. on the way home, the headlights were still a little covered in mud, a deer was on the highway. i saw him, 4 point buck, i was going 70 mph, but my foot wouldn't move even though my brain was telling it to. as soon as my wife said something about the buck, my foot moved and slammed on the brakes.

it was a little weird. i'm pretty sure i would have mostly destroyed the deer, but it wouldn't have been fun. deer this time of year are really dumb.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry to here about the problems, glad no one was hurt.

I can relate to the deer hit. Having a deer hit your Commander reminded me of the Ford F-350 Crew Cab I bought in the mid 90's. In the first year I had 3 accidents with deer. Two hit me (the ran away), one I hit (I'm sure it didn't survive). One of the deer that hit me on the drivers side rear door had jumped off a ledge along the highway and smashed into the door. I could see him my rearview mirror sitting in the road. He then got up and ran off. The other deer that hit me came across the highway, hit truck bed (drivers side), bounced over the bed landing on his feet and running off into the countryside after jumping a fence. The one I hit was while hauling a 30-foot gooseneck trailer with horses, felt the bumps as the differnet axles went over the deer, definately a dead deer.

With the Commander tho the deer seem to stay away (so far). Maybe with so many Jeeps used for hunting in my area they're careful around Jeeps (wishful thinking perhaps).

At any rate, glad no one was injured and hope your able to get your repairs done.

John

·
Registered
953 Posts
As you all have pointed out and believe me I an thankful that no one was hurt. I am lucky that everyone is ok...
Amen, brother.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Well maybe you got all your luck out of the way for the next year early.

Keep your head up and just remember one day you will find this funny.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts