Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am new to Commanders but not jeeps or offroading! Long story short I have an 06 Hemi Limited lifted etc. and was geting a ton of front end noise! I read all fhe post I could find and was about to start the expensive and tedious task of chasing the noise. I replaced the sway bar bushings and it was still there, I read on and was ready to to start the chase when I just tried the simplest solution out there WD40. I spraying every bushing and every "joint" and it worked a little. I sprayed it all again and let it sit over night, low and behold the thing is actually getting quieter by the day. Problem solved and very inexpensive, please try this first before you start chasing the problem and spending unnecessary $$$$.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I had/have a noise problem...but I'll start a new post.
Well I am new to Commanders but not jeeps or offroading! Long story short I have an 06 Hemi Limited lifted etc. and was geting a ton of front end noise! I read all fhe post I could find and was about to start the expensive and tedious task of chasing the noise. I replaced the sway bar bushings and it was still there, I read on and was ready to to start the chase when I just tried the simplest solution out there WD40. I spraying every bushing and every "joint" and it worked a little. I sprayed it all again and let it sit over night, low and behold the thing is actually getting quieter by the day. Problem solved and very inexpensive, please try this first before you start chasing the problem and spending unnecessary $$$$.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
WD40 is HORRIBLE for your bushings! That stuff will dry them out and you'll be replacing all of your bushings before you know it. Never use WD40 on rubber components.

Use a silicone type lubricant (or lithium as mentioned) on your bushings to quiet noises.

Also interesting that you read all the posts you could find... yet almost any one of us would have recommended disconnecting the sway bar (5 minutes) and test driving before replacing any components.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the advice on the lithium grease etc. but I dont think I need "Matt" to question my intellect and ability in regards to reading posts. I was always under the impression that these type forums are to share your experiences and get valid advise from others. Not all posts say to disconnect the sway bar so maybe you might need to read again. But thanks anyway for your kind words!

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
well I just searched "clunk" and one of the first few threads that came up was:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19264&highlight=clunk

Yes, these forums are to help others. I wasn't questioning your intellect or intelligence.

However your first post here made it seem like everyone on this forum recommends throwing parts at vehicles without proper troubleshooting. Then you proceed to recommend doing one of the worst things recommended for rubber bushings, spraying WD40 on them.

No hard feelings. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts