Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've noticed quite a bit on these forums that some people have changed out their stock shifter knobs. The ones I've seen have been from the SRT8 GC or the Overland. Looking around the internet I noticed these are EXTREMELY expensive to buy from any authorized MOPAR dealer. Where did you guys get them at?

Also, I've had almost zero luck trying to find a Carbon Fiber interior trim kit that I can use on my 06 Limited with the stock wood pieces on the dash (where the HVAC controls are), around the shifter housing, and on the doors. Anyone had any luck with this? I find kits but they're all for Commanders without any stock wood trim. Boo!

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent them a message and pictures of what I wanted. Waiting on a reply for pricing. Thanks for the tip! Any thoughts on a non- $500.00 ****er?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Found this on Amazon - stick ons in many patterns
Only one review on it, and that was a bad review:(
For the price it might be worth a try. I like my woodgrain.

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
Chooched, what did you decide on ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to the people from the Facebook link above. To dip the four pieces that have wood trim it'll cost $150.00 plus the cost to ship them from Michigan to Florida. They'll pick up the cost of shipping back. Seems like a pretty good deal to me so I'll probably do it at the beginning of the month.

As for a shifter, I'm still in the market for one if anyone knows of any...

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts
I talked to the people from the Facebook link above. To dip the four pieces that have wood trim it'll cost $150.00 plus the cost to ship them from Michigan to Florida. They'll pick up the cost of shipping back. Seems like a pretty good deal to me so I'll probably do it at the beginning of the month.
They are in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, not Florida.
As for a shifter, I'm still in the market for one if anyone knows of any...
Why not get the shifter dipped, too ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts