Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been lurking here for a few days and learning a lot. We just bought our new (to us) 2007 Commander 4x4 - 4.7 V8. We are absolutely in love with it! We didn't get a "loaded" one, but are more than thrilled with the ride and features it does have.

I decided my first post would include some pictures (I have read on here that many of you do not believe that someone owns a Commander until pictures have been posted. I wouldn't want any of you to think me a liar! *grin*).

My pictures include our Commander before and after my first addition. Obviously I chose something very simple, the chrome door moldings. It was an extremely easy process and only took about 30 minutes. I included pictures of what the door looks like with NO molding on it (I think someone asked what was under there in case they wanted to leave the moldings completely off).

I have several other mods in mind and I will hopefully get to those in quick succession. I look forward to learning more and spending a lot of time here on the forums.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Like the add of chrome. Welcome to the forums and happy modding!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
welcome and nice job. I wish I had the matched door handles like you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I am hoping to get my next mod done in the next week or so. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I resized your pics, Great looking rig!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
looks very nice with the chrome molding, what about the rear lift gate handle ? did you get it replaced too?

How much did you pay for the side moldings?

Did you remove the inside door cover to take off the black side molding?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahmed: I paid about $140 total with second day shipping. I have not purchased the chrome lift gate handle yet. It costs more than all four door moldings, which I do find odd. But I will order it shortly.

I did not remove the inside door panel or anything other than the black moldings. I simply pulled and they popped right off, I just started at one end and worked my way down one clip at a time. Then I removed the existing adhesive and popped the new ones on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Ahmed: I paid about $140 total with second day shipping.
That isn't expensive ,, is it Mopar or aftermarket?

I have not purchased the chrome lift gate handle yet. It costs more than all four door moldings, which I do find odd. But I will order it shortly.
Yea I noticed the same thing !! ,,, but what about painting the handle with the same body color ? like the limited Grand Cherokee

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The door moldings were Mopar, so yeah, I think that was a good price for sure.

As for the gate handle, I haven't really thought about painting it to match. I am not much of a "painter" myself, but I could look into that option as well. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great job on the side moldings. welcome to the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts