Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM LOOKING AT REPLACING MY SHOCKS ON MY 08 COMMANDER. IT ALREADY HAS THE RC 2" LIFT. I WAS GOING TO PUT THE LOAD LEVELER SHOCKS ON THE REAR. BUT THE STRUTS WAS WHERE I HAD A QUESTION ABOUT.

I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THE 24-225793 BILSTEIN RIDE HEIGHT Adjustable Shock Absorbers FROM JEEPIN BY AL. IF I WAS TO ADJUST THEM TO THE 2" MARK WOULD THAT RAISE MY FRONT END UP ANOTHER 2"?

I'M ALSO GOING TO BE CHANGING OUT MY UCA WITH THE ONES FROM JEEPIN BY AL.

ANYONES INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I AM LOOKING AT REPLACING MY SHOCKS ON MY 08 COMMANDER. IT ALREADY HAS THE RC 2" LIFT. I WAS GOING TO PUT THE LOAD LEVELER SHOCKS ON THE REAR. BUT THE STRUTS WAS WHERE I HAD A QUESTION ABOUT.

I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THE 24-225793 BILSTEIN RIDE HEIGHT Adjustable Shock Absorbers FROM JEEPIN BY AL. IF I WAS TO ADJUST THEM TO THE 2" MARK WOULD THAT RAISE MY FRONT END UP ANOTHER 2"?

I'M ALSO GOING TO BE CHANGING OUT MY UCA WITH THE ONES FROM JEEPIN BY AL.

ANYONES INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.
Ok, Turn off caps lock.

5100 struts, if in fact they are in stock (they are almost always back-ordered), would lift the front an additional 2" if you set it @ 2" yes.

I have 5100's set @ 1.5" in the front and no other lift.

The highest you can go before you start breaking things is 22.5-23" center of axle to front fender. I would play it safe @ 22-22.5" personally.

Most likely anything more than the absolute lowest setting on the 5100s (.75") would put you over that limit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about a 3" lift, but I just put the Monroe 58643's on my Commander. It has a 2" spacer lift and the shocks raised it another 1". They also ride better than the stock ones, which were pretty much shot after 100k miles.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Not sure about a 3" lift, but I just put the Monroe 58643's on my Commander. It has a 2" spacer lift and the shocks raised it another 1". They also ride better than the stock ones, which were pretty much shot after 100k miles.
Ah yes, the old F150 MLL's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts