Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently installed RC 2" lift on my 06 commander but the rear is still a little bit lower than the front. Are there any specific rear shocks you can recommended or rear coil spring?!

·
Super Moderator
5,909 Posts
So I recently installed RC 2" lift on my 06 commander but the rear is still a little bit lower than the front. Are there any specific rear shocks you can recommended or rear coil spring?!
Spacciatore;

Welcome to the forum; Please click on the following link and reply accordingly;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-new-member-introduction-post-please-read-before-posting.html

Now to answer your question, I'm running the 2 inch RC lift as well and I had a similar problem when mine was first installed;

I added Bilstein 5100 rear shocks (Part # 33-225807) and a new set of Hemi-rated rear coil springs - (JustForJeeps Part #'s 52124213AA & 52124214AA)

I have the 4.7L V-8, so the Hemi-rated rear coil springs are slightly heavier then the stock springs.

Rusty's used to sell rear coil springs that were specifically designed to raise the rear an inch or 2 but I'm fairly certain they don't make them any longer, so, they are hard to come by.

The way that I'm set up now, I sit perfectly level.

·
Registered
68 Posts
it is so weird that all these different kits and most suffer from the same problem.. the rear looks like a low rider compared to the front.. weird

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
it is so weird that all these different kits and most suffer from the same problem.. the rear looks like a low rider compared to the front.. weird
My Rough Country 2" lift is level with stock shocks and springs.

·
Registered
484 Posts
If you're looking to bring the rear up, I'd recommend going for Monroe Load Levellers. Their model number 58643 is for an F150, but with a couple washers up top it fits perfectly on a lifted XK and will give you a little extra lift in the rear. With mine on I actually have a bit of a front rake.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did the Monroe load-leveling. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!! The ride, along with load-leveling is a dream come true
Here's a link http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/53-suspension-lifts/64906-project-1-heavy-metal-spacer-lift-4.html
-
-
-

wow.. thanks for the info.. i was just wondering how it would affect the ride given the different front and rear shocks.. since i will have old man emu up shocks up front..

·
Super Moderator
5,909 Posts
wow.. thanks for the info.. i was just wondering how it would affect the ride given the different front and rear shocks.. since i will have old man emu up shocks up front..
Almost any aftermarket shocks you put on will be an improvement over the beat-up factory shocks, so, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts