Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.. been awhile since I've been on the forums..

I've had the RR 2.25 lift installed for about a year and a half now. I installed the lift with the shocks provided by Rocky Road.

These shocks are just too stiff for me and my passengers. I just don't get the time to do as much offroading I would like. The stiff suspension isn't practical for my needs. I'd like to install the original shocks I saved but I'm afraid they might be too short. Anyone know if they will still fit?

Can anyone recommend some shocks longer than OEM but with the same smooth ride? I see talk of Bilstiens and OME but I'm not sure if those are for 4x4 performance only.

I want to keep the cost very minimal.. thx

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hey folks.. been awhile since I've been on the forums..

I've had the RR 2.25 lift installed for about a year and a half now. I installed the lift with the shocks provided by Rocky Road.

These shocks are just too stiff for me and my passengers. I just don't get the time to do as much offroading I would like. The stiff suspension isn't practical for my needs. I'd like to install the original shocks I saved but I'm afraid they might be too short. Anyone know if they will still fit?

Can anyone recommend some shocks longer than OEM but with the same smooth ride? I see talk of Bilstiens and OME but I'm not sure if those are for 4x4 performance only.

I want to keep the cost very minimal.. thx
The stock shocks are long enough. I have had mine on for almost a year now.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm running stock shocks with my RR 2.25 lift also. No problems.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hmmm, I didn't notice a stiffer ride with the rockyroad shocks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts