Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a day run with the local jeep club to Shoecreek VA. This is near Crabtree Falls in the Jefferson National Forest if there are any locals who may know the area. I was the only person rocking a Commander and kept pace with all the other rigs, most that have had extensive mods made. Here are a few pictures. My cousin rode along, so once I get copies o fhis photos, I will post some more.

Heading to the trailhead

Lining up on the traihead (most aired down, but I didn't)

One of many water crossings

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is where we stopped for lunch

A few more shots of the other Jeeps

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ran across a Land Rover that destroyed his rear end. We stopped and heped him get the springs back on so he can get back down the mountain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a couple more shots. I'll try to get some more from the other guys and get them posted. Overall the run was great! It was 35 and clear. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nice pics, looks like it was a good trip. I guess the guy in the land rover figured out "what rox". What did he do?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess the guy in the land rover figured out "what rox". What did he do?
Unfortunately, we couldn't stop laughing at his license plate. :rofl: We tied his front end to a tree and used a winch to jerk his axle back in place. Next we used two hi lifts to raise it so he could put the spring back in place. He then used ratchet straps and his hi lift handle to "hold" the rear in place till he go to the top of the trail where he called a friend with a trailer to come get him.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like you had a good time.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice pics. I've haven't to Shoe Creek neither. Might have to do it next Summer.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
looks like a great time. i agree with consolidation. windows closed under 60. desert rats.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very nice place/pics. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
35 and you had the moonroof open?!? You must be a polar bear. I close mine if it's under 60! :icon_razz:
I love the cold weather. Especially if we can ever get some snow around here. I did have the heat on though because my cousin was a bit chilly. Some of the Wrangler guys had their tops removed as well (at least the front half).

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have to agree... windows cracked for fresh air with the heat cranked to balance temp. BTW, great pics! That Vanity Lic Plate was friggin' funny as hell!. "What Rox"? Ans: " Not You"! or "That's right, you didn't see the rocks dummy!"...lol:eyemouth: I can't believe buddy was out there on the trails by himself. You should always atleast go with 2 vehicles...

My moto: "Never play alone... you'll go blind".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where in Virginia is that?

I just got a Commander last night. It replaces my 96 Grand Cherokee as a daily driver. Can't make too many mods (no lift kit this time . . . wife says I'm too old, and I don't think it would fit in the garage at work) but could my Commander make it through Shoecreek Run without a lift? Is it a pre-requisit to going off road?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts