Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too long ago my XK started doing something odd where on certain occassions I would go to insert my fob in the ignition and turn the key and nothing would happen. There was power to my vehicle (horn, lights, etc.) but nothing would happen as if I never inserted anything in the ignition. No lights would come on in the dash, nothing! I took it into the dealer for repair since it was still within my extended warranty and it turns out that the ignition was shorted. The dealer replaced the ignition, reprogrammed by 3 fobs and it was back to normal. This morning I go to insert the key and turn it and NOTHING! How can the ignition be shorted out again? I have to keep trying and wait a few minutes before the ignition recognizes that there is a key in there then everything comes on. I have a feeling that something bad happened that's causing my ignition to short, probably the same reason why I now have to press the unlock button twice on my fob in order to unlock any door.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Does this sound familiar? What could it be? At this time my extended warranty has expired so I hope the dealer is able to replace the ignition at no charge and figure out what might be causing it to short.

:soapbox:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts