Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep will resurrect a hallowed nameplate--the Grand Wagoneer--in two years.

“It's time we gave the market an upper-scale Grand Wagoneer,” Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said Monday. “You'll see it in January 2013.”

The Grand Wagoneer would be a seven-seat SUV built on the same platform as the Grand Cherokee and the Dodge Durango. Those two vehicles were part of Chrysler's 16-vehicle 2011 product offensive spearheaded by the hard-driving Marchionne.

We need to start writing/emailing our thoughts on this! :mecry:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Long live the Commander!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sounds like a Commander to me!

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
Grand Commandoneer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
After what Sergio Marchionne said about the Comander, as long as he is with Chrysler, I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product. Grrrrrrrr.

He is an arrogant (insert explative here).

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I agree he is arrogant and didn't like this comments about Commanders, but I really like the look of the new Grand Wagoneer. Besides, it is almost exactly like the Commander ... just a different angle on the grill and hood.

·
Registered
954 Posts
His comment about the Commander was upsetting.

·
1,993 Posts
Jeep will resurrect a hallowed nameplate--the Grand Wagoneer--in two years.

“It's time we gave the market an upper-scale Grand Wagoneer,” Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said Monday. “You'll see it in January 2013.”
See this is the problem with the XK as well. Jeep needs to stick with what they do best and thats solid off road vehicles. Trying to go after the suburban or the denali crowd is stupid. Upper class really, you think that people buying Cadillac SUV's or BMW SUV's are the people your going after well there is a big problem with that and its no matter what you put out it will say Jeep on it. The upper scale SUV market is a joke and people who buy them probably won't even look at anything named Jeep no matter how great it is. I think Chrysler should sell Jeep to Ford or something but this won't happen because I'm sure the Jeep brand is a very profitable line and Chrysler sucks up those profits to keep dumping it in other departments not jeep related. This is not the economy for another $45k SUV that nobody can afford or can't afford to take it off road if they do buy it.

PS- maybe after a couple hundred posts in here we should email Jeep this link

1 - 8 of 8 Posts