Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello good people!
First post!

And its a question - A distant neighbor has a 2006 Commander with the 8 cyl Hemi. Limited edition. 4x4 with Quadra Drive 2. Has a t-handle for Diff lock.

When you press the gas, it goes well except for a crunching noise in the front differential. If you remove your foot from the pedal, it coasts along as smooth as silk.
There is lots of oil on the front differential. The CV joints look as if they were changed already.

I have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Quadra Drive 2 4x4 before but never had any issues with that system.

I looked at all the forums and I am guessing I cannot drive it home by removing the front shaft?

Should I buy this? Is this worth fixing?

It is SUCH a nice vehicle!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hello good people!
First post!

And its a question - A distant neighbor has a 2006 Commander with the 8 cyl Hemi. Limited edition. 4x4 with Quadra Drive 2. Has a t-handle for Diff lock.

When you press the gas, it goes well except for a crunching noise in the front differential. If you remove your foot from the pedal, it coasts along as smooth as silk.
There is lots of oil on the front differential. The CV joints look as if they were changed already.

I have owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Quadra Drive 2 4x4 before but never had any issues with that system.

I looked at all the forums and I am guessing I cannot drive it home by removing the front shaft?

Should I buy this? Is this worth fixing?

It is SUCH a nice vehicle!

Thanks
@NGCOMMANDER;

Welcome to the forum; Please read the following before you post anything else.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

Also, you can read this thread, it might help answer some of your questions as a prospective Commander buyer;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/5-general-commander-discussion/56546-looking-buy.html

On the surface from what you've mentioned about the XK that you're looking at - it sounds like a risky purchase that I would probably stay away from.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Is he/she the first owner of this XK, if so you need to find out when it was built. If after July 2006 the drive train has a life time warranty. Have them take it to the dealer for repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts