• powder coat them satin black

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some people tell me to do it cause I dont have any chrome. My mirrors and door handles are black. So now I dont know what to do. Please help:icon_confused:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I never liked them in black ,,, just my personal opinion

·
Registered
282 Posts
black would look nice, but i dont know about the powder coating. would it chip if you nicked something (curb, rock, etc)? a decent paint job should do fine and probably be cheaper.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I think it looks good the way they are.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
It looks good the way it is. My truck is also blacked out except for the wheels, they set it off nicely.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd leave it - if you want to add a little chrome - you can add the rear grab handles above the tail lights and a chrome gas tank door.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I like the look they way they are as well.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have not seen black wheel on a white jeep.......But I like the black wheels......But the idea of adding chrome is good too.

Do what you want to do. Either way, it will look awesome! How about some 36" wagon wheels?....can you imagine that thing sitting in an impund lot somewhere?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Depends, are you ever going to clean them? If so, leave them chrome. If not, flat black would be the way to go.

black would look nice, but i dont know about the powder coating. would it chip if you nicked something (curb, rock, etc)? a decent
paint job should do fine and probably be cheaper.
ROFL, you're concerned about chipping, but then you tell him to paint instead of powdercoat???? Powdercoating is much more durable than paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts