Jeep Commander Forum banner

Should a minimum post requirement be established?

• No, it is not necessary

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Minumum of 10 posts

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Minimum of 25 Posts

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Minimum of 50 posts

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please post in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title reflects the question, Should we establish a rule which sets a minimum number of posts a person must have in order to list an item in the Buy/Sell section?

Poll is open for 5 days!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I think so cause these fly by night guys annoy me. And their misdeeds underminds the true intent here in the buy/sell area. While its truely between the buyer and seller, a well motivated seller will get his post requirement. Also gives a tad bit of protection to the forum members.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personally lean towards 25 since by the time you reach that number it is obvious you are not here just to sell something. We have all seen members post several ten letter posts just to post a pic and them we never hear from them again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would agree with the 25 posts, even if it means I need to wait a bit longer to peddle my snake oil :D

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I voted 10, but after reading the thread, I agree with the 25 number combined with a minimum time period like 05GT listed.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I would agree with the 25 posts, even if it means I need to wait a bit longer to peddle my snake oil :D
but you only need 3 more posts and then you can sell your snake oil!
don't really care what you are selling.....

so by the way everyone..........what's in your garage???? Let's see more of those!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think that we should only have one requirement, XK/XH related products only.

It would be nice to have them established, but we might loose out on some good deals ourselves if we require someone to post a bunch just to be able to sell some Commander parts.

At this point it doesn't seem like an issue.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I voted for (No, it is not necessary), I just put my self in someones position that he/she might have something to sell and not that kind of person who like to write in a forum.

For example, my friend has just sold his FJ and he has some accessories left with him and he is totally not that guy who writes in forums but he reads and browses. so why not he can just write a sell thread to get his stuff to other member who needs it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
25 would weed out the scammers and spammers

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I still think it's silly to establish a new rule for something that isn't a problem. I could understand if this became a real problem, but just one guy joining in an attempt to sell his Jeep isn't a big deal if you ask me.

Besides, who is going to ensure the minimum post requirement to allow new members to post a classified ad? Most likely they will not take the time to read all the forum rules and they'll just post the ad anyway. Of course a moderator will have to delete the ads after determining that the new member falls short of the required post count. Sounds like a lot of work for nothing...

·
Registered
564 Posts
I still think it's silly to establish a new rule for something that isn't a problem. I could understand if this became a real problem, but just one guy joining in an attempt to sell his Jeep isn't a big deal if you ask me.

Besides, who is going to ensure the minimum post requirement to allow new members to post a classified ad? Most likely they will not take the time to read all the forum rules and they'll just post the ad anyway. Of course a moderator will have to delete the ads after determining that the new member falls short of the required post count. Sounds like a lot of work for nothing...

I'm sure it would be something like the minimum # of posts in order to post pics...

And have you look at the member list? have you seen how many members we have that have never post here? and that their nick is like "free-Iphone" or that blue pill...

But in this forum the only posts that get deleted are those that "a" mod don't like, or he is the only one that think that is off topic...

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I think 25 is cool, too many to just post stupid crap to sell stuff and not too many for a legit user to get to in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
But in this forum the only posts that get deleted are those that "a" mod don't like, or he is the only one that think that is off topic...
:deadhorse:

Why don't you concentrate on all I have done instead on beating a dead horse! As the mod it is my responsibility to do what I do.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It is very easy to talk as if you know what you do, but you don't have an idea on what a real mod does on a forum, is not about doing what you fell like, or allowing people to do what ever as long as you fell like it...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i voted for 25 post min. as well. i like the idea of keeping spammers away. i don't think it should just be limited to jeep commander items, because i like the fact that a49er was trying to sell his football tickets to a fellow commander owner 1st.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I'm sure it would be something like the minimum # of posts in order to post pics...

And have you look at the member list? have you seen how many members we have that have never post here? and that their nick is like "free-Iphone" or that blue pill...

Every automotive forum on the Internet has far more people who join but never post. A minimum post count rule will not change that.

My point with "the" moderator is that he will have the responsibility of deleting "for sale" threads if they are made by people who have too low of a post count. I'm not sure how anyone could stop a new member from posting an ad with less than XX amount of posts. Pictures are a different story because they are basically attachments to a post. It's easy to prevent a user from posting pictures.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.