Jeep Commander Forum banner

Should a minimum post requirement be established?

• No, it is not necessary

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Minumum of 10 posts

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Minimum of 25 Posts

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Minimum of 50 posts

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other (please post in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Sometimes its a good idea to identify a potential problem, maybe one that has just begun to rear its head, and nip it in the bud to save trouble in the future. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. 25 posts isn't that many to get to the deep pockets of our members! =)

·
2,248 Posts
Recently on the MB forum they had a fellow selling the same set of wheels and tires to several people. I think several of us followed the thread. They also suggested not letting people sell without a minimum number of post or time on the forum.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Finally another critical thinker besides myself. I thought I was the only one...
The only critical thinker? Give me a break! I brought this mess on when I was opposed to a one time poster making the only post to sell an XK.

I thought it should be removed and asked for a vote. The yeahs outweighed the Nays.....It is now gone.

"Obviously" you feel you are the onlyone of valid thought and consideration, then your ass too should be a moderator.

TR4 you are really pissing me off.....finally get a commander and think you opinion matters. We talk about the validity of posting and content of the posts, and you don't own one. How valuable can that be?

Take your Obvious thought elsewhere. If it aint broke, ignore it and nothing will ever happen.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
The only critical thinker? Give me a break! I brought this mess on when I was opposed to a one time poster making the only post to sell an XK.

I thought it should be removed and asked for a vote. The yeahs outweighed the Nays.....It is now gone.

"Obviously" you feel you are the onlyone of valid thought and consideration, then your ass too should be a moderator.

TR4 you are really pissing me off.....finally get a commander and think you opinion matters. We talk about the validity of posting and content of the posts, and you don't own one. How valuable can that be?

Take your Obvious thought elsewhere. If it aint broke, ignore it and nothing will ever happen.
Don't get your panties in a knot. First off all, critical thinking implies the consideration of all options, not just a knee jerk reaction because you don't necessarily agree with an ad post from a new member. Phunkeydude made a comment that he would need to consider all the facts before voting on the poll. That is the definition of critical thinking.

Secondly, I don't own a Commander yet. And whether or not I have a Commander, my opinion does matter to me. If it doesn't matter to you...well, that's fine with me. I never asked for your approval of my opinion. Quite frankly, I don't care either way. As for your comment to take my thoughts elsewhere, well, that not much critical thinking there, bud. LOL

·
Super Moderator
14,935 Posts

Why are you getting on TR4Runner's case ? He was responding to Phunkeydude's post that was saying the same thing that he was saying. So you should be chewing out Phunkeydude, too. But you aren't going to do that are you ? You owe TR4Runner an apology.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Hey, it's no big deal. I have thick skin. I'm just surpised that someone would get all worked up about that post.

The whole thing isn't a big deal either way. I obviously don't have a stake in the issue either way because I'm not a new member with just a few posts. But at the same time it is nice to consider all options before jumping on the bandwagon. That's all I was trying to say. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
175 Posts
i skipped alot, however my post's are low so far and i plan on "giving the parts" off mine to testa. i may charge a jeep commander sticker or 2 to support the cause. i hope to post pics soon of my 2 wd. got my windows done today, and thanx to everyone's input i should have the lift in a week or 2 ( 2" bds or the rr not sure yet) . i do plan on being a member for awhile though, hopefully i won't have much to sell unless my fabrication skills come up with a great idea everyone likes. haha

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I appriciate all the opinions as that is the purpose of the poll, so far it appears that the magority are in favor of a rule of some sort, Prevention is key in my field of work and can be very useful in the world of forms as well.

Many forums have rules on politics, religion, etc. to avoid having issues. I would rather tell someone there ad was removed because it was against the rules then be accussed on picking on one poster over another for add content or membership length.

Anyway... The poll wil lbe up for approximately 3 more days so I am sure we will have many more intersting decussions.

·
Registered
175 Posts
as a junior member. why be flooded with others trying to sell what they don't want. just because they have a commander. although as i think about as i type the one's that are commited could get a really good deal.ha haha. should be a limit though

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Or even if they DON'T have a Commander. Really, it almost looks like we need to take a vote on "time out" corner sometimes. =)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Knee jerk reaction? I saw the one post and made a suggestion, we have seen these before, and the last one stirred up trouble , it was a woman in Ca trying to sell tires and wheels as I recall. It wasnt pretty.

I thought thru the events, the posts, the comments....wasnt close to a knee jerk.

No, I don't owe TR4 an apology, nor should I chew on Phunkey.....his was a straight forward opinion, tr4 suggests superiority. Live outside the box....think thru the comments and how they are applied.

I dont care if you sell a commander, bicycle, or football tickets, it is a forum member issue. Not the One off's. Throw that into the equation .

And as a forum and we are voting, all we want is a vote, not a lecture as to why your opinion is better than someone elses. So Phunkey says I dont agree and here is why. tr4 says, see...phunkey and me are the only ones thinking.....

That is the difference. tr4, glad your opinion matters to you, otherwise, I would be frightened.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
And as a forum and we are voting, all we want is a vote, not a lecture as to why your opinion is better than someone elses. .

Fine. Don't be such a hypocrite. If you truly want a vote, then don't tell me to take my opinion somewhere else. I'm not telling you that your opinion is wrong, I'm just stating mine. People love to jump on bandwagons without considering all of the facts. Happens all the time in life.

Anyway, this is the end of the discussion for me. If you feel the need to get the last word, go right ahead. I'm done.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

One thing I'd like to see is a sticky in the buy/sell area that lists some basic rules for posting items for sale. Id' like to see the following:
  • Good item title
  • good description of the item
  • price, and if it includes shipping or not
  • at least one picture to show the item and condition
I think this would help since some people post vague descriptions and then expect an item to sell. This would go along with the minimum posts and monitoring of the area. Some sites require mod review and approval before the ad is posted, but I don't think we need to do that yet.

Just a thought, don't want to get the opinion wars going again.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

One thing I'd like to see is a sticky in the buy/sell area that lists some basic rules for posting items for sale. Id' like to see the following:
  • Good item title
I do go through and edit a lot of titles to acuratly reflect the item for sale as well as the content of other threads.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This poll will close at 11:02 tomarrow morning!

·
2,248 Posts
If we let the moderators review the for sale post then Jon and Tom will get all the good stuff before it hits the forum. Just trying to lighten the mood with a little humor.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.