Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see your CB Radios mounted and your antenna mounts. I'm trying to get ideas.

I am considering the Cobra 75WXST for its concealability and a front fender mount Firestick. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I like that spot for the radio, only I have the sunroof controls there.

Any issues with the antennas being so close to each other? I was looking at the Firestik website and saw they have a splitter so you can use your cb antenna as an AM/FM antenna at the same time. Now if I could just find a CB mount that could replace the factory antenna mount...

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have the Cobra 75WXST which I like because you disconnect the hand unit and there is no evidence that the radio is installed. My antenna is mounted to my roof rack.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I put a DC plug on the power cord and use a magnetic antenna so I can take it right out of the truck when not needed. Which is most of the time.

·
2,248 Posts
A lot of us have put the CB in the cubbyhole to the left of the steering wheel. It pops out and you can cut a section out of the back for the wires and antenna cable.

I use a magnetic mount that is positioned close to the rear on the drivers side. The cable goes down the gutter and fits under the rear hatch on the drivers side, then under the right side and under the carpet and sill plate. I also now have a CB mounting bracket that is part of the rear spare tire carrier and is located between the spare tire and the back window, close to the tire.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Midland 1001z mounted in the storage cubby on the left like HueyPilot.

I have a small thru-the-glass antenna mounted on the rear window on the drivers side. The wire is run under the door sils through the wheel well cover and out a small notch in the 3rd row cupholder. I use this location because my #1 rule is that the JEEP must still be able to fit in the garage.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
There was a thread on here that had a bunch of CB posts on it. Included radios, pics, install info etc, cant find it now.

This is where my radio is.

I have a 4ft Flex antenna. The 3ft is pictured, but it bends down nicely.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts