Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon if this was already posted but I'm fairly new to the forum and haven't seen such thread yet. I'm looking for a grille guard but with so many options it's difficult to make a decision. I'm particularly interested in the Mopar Grille Guard but since my Commander is white I'm not sure how it would look with a black or dark grey grille guard, if you've seen the grille guard you'll know what I'm talking about.

What do you guys own?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the other one that I was actually considering. Did you like it? You said you only had it on for a little while?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did like it... very easy install, and looked good. I took it off my 06' before I traded it in for the 08'. It didn't really fit the scheme I had going for the new one. I may still paint it the PX8 black, and put it on... who knows. The only complaint I have is that the black they paint it... how do you say it... it "fades" kinda? I don't know if that's exactly what I want to say. It just loses its luster. I'm sure the guys here could tell you what I mean, or maybe you know... It's that type of paint that does that... still very black, just not that high gloss finish like the Jeep itself. Other than that, it's an amazing piece.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Here is my 4XGuard Matrix less the "hoop" (as it is on back order) and down below that is my 4XGuard Front Guard 4. I am sure El Cid will post soon.

These pieces are serious... the Matrix could be used as a true push bar and with added D rings, can be used for extraction. It bolts up to the tow hook locations with extra bracing. If you have OEM tow hooks, supposedly they can be used with the Matrix.

Visit http://www.4xguard.com and check their products out!

Chuck

·
Registered
419 Posts
As Chuck notes, I'm running the 4xGuard Matrix with hoop and the optional receiver mount. I've also got 4xG's Front Guard:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Luv, where in chicago you located, I am on the south side, always good to see more local guys on here, as i see a lot of commanders in the Chicago area.

SelfTranscendentD quick question, does that bull bar mount where the tow hooks go? I really dont want to take those off if i dont have to.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chuck and Mike, now that's a nice looking guard, definitely an alternative to the Mopar grille guard. I think so far that's a winner. Considering my Commander is white, something like that would probably be a better fit. Thanks for sharing.

8ball- I'm on the south side of Chicago too, close to Midway. Hey man we should get some more people from the area to take a trip to the Badlands Offroad park in Indiana.

·
Super Moderator
15,104 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sure do, he's a bad bad dude.

I grew up by midway, 64 and Long, living in Mt Greenwood now.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I know its not much to look at yet but some day (hopefully soon) this will be a nice grill guard/skid plate surrounding my winch mount....Eventually its going to be a full brush guard but the light guards are going to be added later.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pardon if this was already posted but I'm fairly new to the forum and haven't seen such thread yet. I'm looking for a grille guard but with so many options it's difficult to make a decision. I'm particularly interested in the Mopar Grille Guard but since my Commander is white I'm not sure how it would look with a black or dark grey grille guard, if you've seen the grille guard you'll know what I'm talking about.

What do you guys own?
I own also Mopar Grille Guard. Can you upload the photo of that Mopar Grille Guard you have seen also you commander's white grille guard. So that I can look if it is compatible with the one you like. :banana_hitit:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I just put on the same grill guard as smitty. I like it a lot, good look and it protects the lights which is what I mostly wanted, second only to not totaling the jeep if i hit a deer....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Smitty, does that grill guard attach to where the tow hooks go?
Do you know if you can still use the tow hooks after attaching this guard? Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Smitty, does that grill guard attach to where the tow hooks go?
Do you know if you can still use the tow hooks after attaching this guard? Thanks
It does bolt up in the same location where the tow hooks go. I didnt have tow hooks so I dont know if the hooks will work also but I would love to have some. I will make em work.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I like mine. I got it used, shipped for $125.Couldnt really pass up the deal. The main reason I wanted one was to have something to tie off a canoe to without the line touching the hood or bumper cover.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts