Jeep Commander Forum banner

Show Your "whoops" Commander Stuck Pics

26K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  CanadianCommander 
#1 ·
Got this from another forum. Figured we could start our own. Post pictures of you XK Stuck!!!!!!

These pictures are from the summer.

See less See more
#4 ·
Someone pulled him from the back, I can't remember who it was though. There was another trail right next to it with way less of a drop. However, that is now passable for a XK. It has someone eroded since then and I believe that pa55word (If I'm not mistaken) took that hill at this year's Camp Commander VA. However, it is still a pretty steep hill.

#5 ·
Great thread idea, I look forward to seeing some more stuck Commander photos.

#6 ·
Somewhat embarrassing when trying to pass a line of Xterras at Rausch Creek. 07JeepXK had to yank me off this wee little stump...

#7 ·
ha ha ha good one haggs, almost like my well if they all can do it so can I vid from adamag on the mud rut from the same run...we'll see if he drags that vid over to this thread!

#8 · (Edited)
We went out on a trail south of Chirazzo Summit on I-10 between Palm Springs and Blythe, California. The mining trail leads to the top of some mountains with mines and old buildings. As we started we met some dirt bike riders coming out. They took one look at us and said "No Way are you going to make it" Of course then we had to go on. We made the top, on the way back we started down a dead end on a wash. As I climbed up on a large rock, it broke into several pieces and left us high centered. Used the portable winch on the back receiver. First tried to use my tree saver strap on a rock outcrop in the cliff, it broke off. We then found a half buried large rock in the bed of the wash. The other fellow is Steve, a friend of ours and a retired CHP officer. The winch had no trouble pulling us off backwards. That is one of the benefits of a front or rear mounted winch.

This is the rock that shattered under the Commander and high centered us. The best way to go over a large rock is to put your tire on the rock to avoid dragging over it. Unfortunately this rock was not up to the weight of the Commander. Commander 1.....Rock 0......

#15 ·
Heretic! :eyemouth:

#17 ·

#18 ·
cary thread. In the circle I drive with, I am always the one getting pulled out.
This one cost me a muffler and cat converter
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

5 hours of digging myself and the "rescue" Jeep behind me
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow Winter

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Jeep

Granted, most pics were stock and I now have tires and lift. I also run with guys with 4" lifts and I like to keep up with them, and this beast usually does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFKHHn3W9f4

#19 ·
Kitkat, what is all that jazz on your roof in the last picture?

#22 ·
We did a toy run with the BC Jeep group in late Movember so I zip tied some LED Christmas lights to the roof rack. I also have a big red nose and used to have antlers but my son lost one of them. I had to run an extension cord inside to my converter that plugs into the lighter.
I will have to do more next year....always gotta top myself

#24 ·
Great video, Kitkat !

#25 ·
Great video but had to wait 6 minutes to see a Commander :stickpoke:

#32 · (Edited)
Decided to take my two and a half year old son off roading today on the local powerlines. Didnt really plan on getting stuck. I broke though ice that was about two inches thick and ended up bottoming out. It doesnt really look bad in the pictures but I was stuck bad. It took my buddy an hour to get me out. We tried using his winch but that didnt seem to work out to well. He ended up getting me out with a strap. You would think it would have been the other way around.

#33 ·
Looks can be so deceiving; I had a similar experience going through what looked like a "mild" puddle. I was almost out and that's when the rear tires started spinning. Fortunately I was able to maneuver out in reverse after getting the tires to grab. During the process I backed over like 5 or 6 pine tree saplings and several bushes. haha

#34 ·
Its funny though because I drove down to the end of the powerline and turned around. I got stuck on the way back.

#37 ·
looks a bit deep....LOL You made it pretty far considering how for the side is sunk in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.