Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a great place for those interested in lifting their Commanders to apreciate and compare 2" and 4" lift options. So if you can post pics orf your XK and the type of lift :bowdown:

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
we already have a thread for this.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
2 inch BDS

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Day Star 2"

RevTek 2"

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Front : OME HD Springs, UniBall UCA's, About 3" lift with some custom made spacers.

Rear: Ford Aerostar Rear Springs, Bilstien 5150 12" shocks on custom relocated shock mounts.

no swaybars

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2" Rough Country With custom "Texel" 1/2" front spacer and a custom Snowmander 1/4" rear spacer...factory size tires (for now) total lift height messured= 3.5"
sofar so good thanks guys, CanadianCommander;136439 being at 3.5" do you or did you need the (and i hope i get this right) to adjust or replace the stearing knuckle? i know that the 4" lifts come with this replacement.

:icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
sofar so good thanks guys, CanadianCommander;136439 being at 3.5" do you or did you need the (and i hope i get this right) to adjust or replace the stearing knuckle? i know that the 4" lifts come with this replacement.

:icon_confused:
No, he didnt replace the knuckles. He just added a 1/2 spacer on up front and a 1/4 spacer in the rear.

·
Registered
936 Posts
No, he didnt replace the knuckles. He just added a 1/2 spacer on up front and a 1/4 spacer in the rear.
07 is right.. i never replaced the knuckles...i was hearing a "knock" up front and was worried it was my knuckles rubbing on the strut...i inspected the knuckle and turns out this was not the case...all has been good with the setup..

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
your tires look super narrow for being a 265?
Hmmm. It must be the angle that the photo's were taken. They are definately 265's and definately wider then the 255/70's they replaced back in april!

Remember though. 265's are only 20mm wider then the stockers which convert to only 3/4 of an inch.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hmmm. It must be the angle that the photo's were taken. They are definately 265's and definately wider then the 255/70's they replaced back in april!

Remember though. 265's are only 20mm wider then the stockers which convert to only 3/4 of an inch.

true...im still debating what size to throw on the snowmander...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
true...im still debating what size to throw on the snowmander...
I'd keep them as narrow as possible since you get a lot of snow up there. I just finished siping my MT/R's hoping that will help out a little when the snow starts to fly.

·
2,248 Posts
2 1/2 inches on the front from a RR lift. 4 inches on the rear from using Superlift longer coil springs. Lots of weight on the rear end.

·
2,248 Posts
I thought I would post these old pictures of how we did a lift (actually a skid change) on a Huey. We had all the lift we needed. There is a good story behind these pictures. The last two picture are of the Huey in the story.

I had a tail rotor failure while in flight. The safest way to land a Huey without a tail rotor is to do a running landing on a long runway. You have to literally fly into the ground and slide on the skids to a stop. If you try to hover you will end up spinning in circles without a tail rotor to counteract the main rotor. I landed on an Air Force base with a long runway. After fixing the tail rotor and flying back to Vinh Long we had to replace the skids that I destroyed in landing. ground them down quite a bit.

Thats my story and I an sticking to it.

Jon, feel free to move this post if you want to.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought I would post these old pictures of how we did a lift (actually a skid change) on a Huey. We had all the lift we needed. There is a good story behind these pictures. The last two picture are of the Huey in the story.

I had a tail rotor failure while in flight. The safest way to land a Huey without a tail rotor is to do a running landing on a long runway. You have to literally fly into the ground and slide on the skids to a stop. If you try to hover you will end up spinning in circles without a tail rotor to counteract the main rotor. I landed on an Air Force base with a long runway. After fixing the tail rotor and flying back to Vinh Long we had to replace the skids that I destroyed in landing. ground them down quite a bit.

Thats my story and I an sticking to it.

Jon, feel free to move this post if you want to.

wow nice pics thanks for sharing .... and thank you for what you do!!!!

1 - 20 of 375 Posts