Jeep Commander Forum banner

361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Finally installed my OME HD lift and JK Rubicon Recon Takeoffs. Also put on a rustys leveling spacer in front and some 1.5 wheel spacers all around. Oh and a sexy stainless gibson exhaust so the hemi can breather a little.... Not bad for only owning it about 3 weeks. Problem is now my insurance money from my stolen jeep is gone:mecry:

here are a few before and afters, along with a bonus shot of the exhaust tip.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Finally installed my OME HD lift and JK Rubicon Recon Takeoffs. Also put on a rustys leveling spacer in front and some 1.5 wheel spacers all around. Oh and a sexy stainless gibson exhaust so the hemi can breather a little.... Not bad for only owning it about 3 weeks. Problem is now my insurance money from my stolen jeep is gone:mecry:

That looks fantastic! Love the Rubi takeoffs - been thinking about that for mine but not sure I want to go with oversize tires yet. I pull a travel trailer and the larger tires may change the gear ratio too much. Decisions decisions!!

Bob

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
That looks fantastic! Love the Rubi takeoffs - been thinking about that for mine but not sure I want to go with oversize tires yet. I pull a travel trailer and the larger tires may change the gear ratio too much. Decisions decisions!!

Bob
That's nothing a flashpaq tuner can't fix.....:wink3:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Here's a picture of my 06 from Uwharrie this past weekend. RC lift with OEM wrangler wheels/tires & 1" wheel spacer.
Looking good @NC_Commando ;

I go to Uwharrie (Yates Place) every so often, maybe we can meet up sometime.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

Looks like money well spent @heffercow.

The money does go quick when you start doing mods.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
06' 4.7L QTII

- Modified 5" Superlift with Bilstein 5100's on Front End
you might have to be careful in those parking garages now! I had to do low profile crossbars so I dont smash my roof box on things and I am much lower then you. My wife scraped the heck out of mine in a parking garage not long after the lift and tires... I had to remove the thing in a parking stall so we could back it out again!

·
Registered
338 Posts
06' 4.7L QTII

- Modified 5" Superlift with Bilstein 5100's on Front End
What is your front height from center of hub to fender flare, what settings are the bilsteins on, and how much downward travel do you have up front???

Looks great! .... by the way

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Hey Get Lost,

What brand are your rock sliders and where can they be obtained from?

Thanks
@RBrink;

Please try and pay a little more attention - you're trying to talk to a ex-member (Get Lost 4X4) that was permanently banned from the forum 9 years ago and there's really no reason that should be happening.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Didn't realize he was banned, but he did use to make and sell his own stuff including a really cool front bumper, but unfortunately, went out of business about that same time. So anything of his would likely be real hard to come by, and if you did, would likely be showing its age.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Didn't realize he was banned, but he did use to make and sell his own stuff including a really cool front bumper, but unfortunately, went out of business about that same time. So anything of his would likely be real hard to come by, and if you did, would likely be showing its age.
Get Lost 4X4 was banned in October 2009 - by an administrator, although the reason was not specified, I'm assuming it was for a vendor rules violation of some sort, since that's what he had a prior infraction for.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally got my rig set up. Just installed the 2.25" RRO spacer lift, along with the RRO upper control arms and BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 tires, in size 255 70 r 17 (E load range), with no wheel spacers (no rubbing at all). Kept the Bilstein 4600 struts/shocks front and back that I installed a few years ago. I wish that I had all of this done earlier, but didn't have the money or time to install until now. A before photo is below, as well as up close pictures of the spacers and UCA. Only problem now is that my wife has taken it over and won't let me drive it!

Before:

Commander.jpg

After:

20200202_203457560_iOS.jpg 20200202_203507983_iOS.jpg

Spacers/UCA:

20200203_023329805_iOS.jpg 20200203_023415035_iOS.jpg

Tires:

20200202_203531701_iOS.jpg 20200202_203539561_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like my Rough Country 2” lift.