Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm wanting to add the Chrome accent on the side of the car to replace the black plastic piece that says "COMMANDER" and I was wondering how it is currently attached to the car and how to install the new chrome one?

Also, How would I go about installing the Chrome Grab Handles?

Sorry for being naïve, but I appreciate you help! I'm an avid Chrysler fan, but I don't know how to install anything!:icon_confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but it shouldn't be that hard. What I do when i'm trying to figure out how to replace things like this is go to just for jeeps .com. search for the grab handles or whatever then look at the install instructions. it'll give you a pdf of exactly what you have to do. Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
Also, How would I go about installing the Chrome Grab Handles?
08-17-2007, 12:29 AM
YB Normyl

Grab Handles
Grab Handles. This has got to be one of the easiest mods I've done
Remove 2 plastic push fasteners and pull away the trim piece enough to pry the 4 whitish fasteners in behind

Place the rivet nut in the hex hole, I used a wrench to hold the tool part and a power driver to spin the bolt and compress the rivet nut

Trim goes back basically the way you took it off but now with 2 bolts and 2 whitish plastic fasteners. Line up the top end cap over the roof rail, position the clip and fastener then smack it in, the lower one is pretty much the same

1 - 3 of 3 Posts