Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the dealer activate the tilt function (shift in reverse) for the side view mirrors. Seems like the delay is to long. Anyone else have theirs activated? How long is your delay? When I shift I'm gone. The mirrors do tilt but I have to wait...1....2....tilt. Wish they were activated through the menu like all the other functions.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yanser said:
I had the dealer activate the tilt function (shift in reverse) for the side view mirrors. Seems like the delay is to long. Anyone else have theirs activated? How long is your delay? When I shift I'm gone. The mirrors do tilt but I have to wait...1....2....tilt. Wish they were activated through the menu like all the other functions.

Is this feature only available on the limited models? I've never heard of this on the Jeep before, and my last car did it, so it would be nice if I could get it again.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
andyblaze said:
Is this feature only available on the limited models? I've never heard of this on the Jeep before, and my last car did it, so it would be nice if I could get it again.

Thanks
Can be enabled using StarScan (not sure if you can with all models\trims as at first we couldn't do it on 2007s).

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I might have this done the next time I'm at the dealer, but if there's a long delay, then it might not be worth it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Figz said:
So there is no way I can do this change without the dealer?
Nope...have to use StarScan.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Had mine activated when I had the DRL's turned on ... Went back two weeks later and had them turned off. I live out in the "sticks"... For routine backing, I was done by time the mirrors tilted and there's not much parallel parking here, but, I do a lot of trailer backing...I like to see where the trailer's going, not the rear wheels :D

Would be nice if it was a selectable option through the EVICS. Was pretty cool though...just not practical for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Could someone tell me the pricing on getting the mirrors done...and do they have to install anything or is it just a 'switch' or a program? thnxs

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
j'sjeep said:
Could someone tell me the pricing on getting the mirrors done...and do they have to install anything or is it just a 'switch' or a program? thnxs
Depends on your dealer -- most won't charge for enabling / disabling items with Starscan.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
j'sjeep said:
The dealer did mine for free and several other's on the Forum also had theirs done for free. It is activated with the Starscan tool hooked up to the onboard computer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
j'sjeep said:
It's just a minor reprogramming using the dealers computer. I had mine done during an oil change, there was no charge.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I don't use the mirrors for routine backing, either. When I've got a loaded trailer that I'm backing up around obstacles, I do. Had them activated on impulse (for the WOW factor) when I had the DRLs turned on without really thinking (duh!) about how I use the mirrors. Didn't take me long to figure out that WOW was cool, but, a right, royal pain in the seating part of my anatomy!:eek:
It would be really nice if DC had deemed it worthy of the EVIC control for the Commanders...

My dealer hasn't charged me for any of the StarScan time...of course, I don't drop by during the busiest part of the day and ask them to do it immediately. I call and ask when it would be convenient for them :) They usually just tell me to show up anytime, but, at least they have a heads up. Their StarScan guru likes taking a "break" to play with the system anyway :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
:) Thanks:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts