Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those inquiring minds. I just installed some JEEP Window Air Deflectors and the wind noise starts at about 40mph:eek: if you hit some good cross winds. I got it up to 100mph and there isn't much more noise as if it was going 40 with the wind.
It realy isn't that bad, I still hear my whistle from my right AC vent, or the windshield more.
Mind ya, that the radio is off. With the radio on you don't hear anything but the sweet sounds of Steely Dan:D Oh, It looks pretty darn good too. I think I just paid $60 extra bucks for the word JEEP on 'em all.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
bravo2376 said:
I still hear my whistle from my right AC vent, or the windshield more.
Actually, somebody posted the other day that the sound they heard coming from the right side was actually coming from the rubber piece on the rear of the front passenger door (leading edge of the right B-pillar). The piece can be slid up and down and he/she said they moved it up a bit and the whistling ceased.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember seeing that. I need to check it out. But I still swear I can almost see the whistle come out of the vent. It's almost that acurate. Its going in on the 13th for the 2nd check up. I'll mention it again, but last time they said no problem and blamed it on my short antena I put on. No biggie, I'll get to the bottom of this conspiracy:D

·
Registered
476 Posts
bravo2376 said:
... I'll mention it again, but last time they said no problem and blamed it on my short antena I put on... :D
Bravo2376 - do not let the service department off that easy - I had a wind noise develope, other than the windshield noise (which I had later :mad: ) - the service advisor claimed it was the roof rack cross bars - being the analyst I am I took off the cross bars - the noise was still there - took the Commander back with out the roof cross bars and told them to find the dammed noise and fix it :mad: - low and behold there was a problem with the sunroof alignment!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts