Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Commander owners and prospective owners,
I am taking a very informal poll to gauge interest in either Trailer tow mirrors,mirrors with integrated signals or both. Please post your reply and woudl you would be willing to spend for the product.

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would like to see a Power folding and / or a power extending (for tow purposes) mirrior as an option on Limited and or a 300.00 per pair (before install) Authentic Mopar option for other trim levels ... Signals would be a bonus!!:D

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd pay $200-$300/pair for motorized mirrors that fold in at the push of a button to avoid trees, garages, etc.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
200 Posts
Also to avoid "trail pinstriping" on narrow trails like we have here in Florida. I might spend $300 installed if they power-folded and had signals.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone looked into adding power folding side mirrors to an 06. I think it is an option on 07 so was thinking it could be added to the 06 with the right part numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That would be nice to have real power folding mirrors for the tight trails :)

We have an early '07 and the window sticker does say "power folding mirrors",
but in DC terms, I think it means power mirrors that also fold in, (manually) lol

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I would buy folding mirrors with intergrated signals. Willing to pay around $300.00

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was just curious if the 06 can be fitted with the power folding model available on the 07 overland. I will have to do some research but was curious if anyone had already looked into it.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
jeep5253 said:
The '07 Overland has mirrors that fold in electricly. They are not available on the other models. Might be able to order them from the dealer.
Is this initiated by a button or just when you shut down the vehicle?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think that the button on the drivers side door to adjust the mirrors is different. I believe that on the Commander with power folding mirrors you push down on that button to activate the feature but I am not certain.

·
Registered
67 Posts
To activate the power fold mirrors you just turn the adjustment knob another click after the position for the left mirror. Power fold is standard on European Spec cars

·
Registered
98 Posts
Power folding mirrors with turn signals in them would be really cool. I would buy them and install them myself. I hope this works out that it will be available. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well I would think they could be ordered using the part numbers from an 07 Overland and just replace the mirrors and switch. I may look into it. It sure would be a nice feature especially while in my garage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts