Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we went up to Blue Mountain for a Girl Scout sledding adventure. While we were there, a Toyota Tundra tried to turn around on the road and discovered that underneath a thin layer of snow, there was nothing but ice. When he tried to turn around, he just slid back against the side of the road.

First, I tried to pull him UP the hill to get out of the bank, but even in 4LOW 1st gear, there wasn't enough traction to get going. *I* could go by myself, but not with his rig attached. So I backed the Commander up to his truck, facing downhill and pulled his front end around down the hill. That was a lot easier. I almost hoped it WOULDN'T work, so I could hook up with the winch, but, we didn't need to.

Here you can see his two-wheel tracks in the ice...

And my four-wheel ones...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Good thing you came along. Good rescue.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I can add the "Toyota" sticker to my recovery list... =)

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
good old 2wd...hence why i'd never consider one
Back in the day my ex-wife through a hissy everytime I mentioned that we should get 4wd. But after a couple of decades, I couldn't hear her as much so I bought one anyway. It converted her.

Related (true) story: One day my father-in-law and I were in the garage and my mother-in-law was calling "Fra-ank, Fra-ank...FRA-ANK!". He said to me, "Hear that?". "Yah", I told him. Then he said "Well I don't. It doesn't count if the door is shut in between you."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts