Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched but not found anything close to this.

Until about 3 weeks ago my Sirius Backseat TV was working fine. My kids noticed that it had stopped working and would only display a Sirius phone number. Sirius radio, navigation, DVD playback, UConnect, AM/FM, Aux are all working without any problem.

I called Sirius at the number on the screen and it was a generic customer service number. I verified with Sirius that my account was in good standing (it was) and they sent multiple signal resets which never had any effect. Later, I turned off the car and then reseated the plugs going into the control unit (silver Delphi box - brown, green, yellow black plugs) under the rear passenger seat. All seemed fine other than that Delphi box being hot. After that I get the same behavior listed below but no longer get the Sirius number being displayed.

Here is what it does:

1. Black screen
2. Flickering like it is trying to load (like changing channels on TV)
3. Sirius Backseat TV logo with progress bar
4. Progress bar reaches 100%
5. Repeat cycle starting at 1

I've made sure that the crossbar on the roof is not in the way of the antenna.

So, I know that my Sirius account standing is not causing this, Sirius Radio works fine, Navigation is OK, DVD playback is fine.

Other than that I am I out of things to try. Next stop is taking it to the dealer but, like others, I don't want to pay the dealer a few hundred if this is something that I can fix myself.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@DetroitMarauder - it's not bad but only for kids. Three channels are available - Nick, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel. Fees are $8/month. Gold for long trips if you have kids that age. Otherwise do not bother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts