Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2010 Jeep Commander and it came with a free year subscription to Sirius Radio. Just wondering if anyone else has problems with the radio cutting out always searching for signal.

I have spoken with Sirius as well as sending a refresh to my radio. Still does it. Anyone else having this problem? or what did you do to fix this?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Is your rear cross bar blocking the antenna ?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
No use starting a new thread....

OK so I was tired of my Commander getting terrible mileage so I disconnected the battery for about 4 hours. I played with electric stuff to discharge capacitors. I've had the car about 3 weeks. The Sirius/XM only got channel 1, which is standard for an XM that has no subscription. Well bust my buttons, when I flipped through the functions on the radio today, now it gets about 50 channels. Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh, and I'm getting about 2 MPG better as well!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I don't recall anyone else having that good fortune. I hope they are channels you like.:icon_smile:

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I don't recall anyone else having that good fortune. I hope they are channels you like.:icon_smile:
Funny you should say that. Actually no. I get about half the stations I usually listen to, but quite I few Sirius only stations I've never wanted. I'm not going to complain about free satellite radio though! :D The way these automatically renew, if the previous owner doesn't cancel it, It could renew on their nickel forever.

So there's a lesson. When you sell a car, cancel the satellite radio subscription.

Could it possibly be that leaving the battery disconnected for several hours renews the one year free subscription Mopar offers with the car? The thing that makes me think not, is the stuff that is on this one it the really racy stuff. Howard Stern, Playboy, and that stuff.

It will be interesting to see how long it continues to work.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
IIRC the free year with the new vehicle incudes all the stations except the premium stations, at least that's what came with mine. I know it was well over 100 stations, almost 200.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I think I know what happened. I got a letter in the mail saying "Welcome to Sirius" I have many XM radios but I've never had any Sirius. So I think they are on to me. It is a radio ID that I do not recognize. They must turn it on when a car is sold to see it they can seed a new customer. Yes.....I'll probably re-up when it comes due.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts