Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back in the saddle again with my new to me 2008 Commander.

So I tried to reactivate the Sirius radio but cannot get Station 184.

Not able to change the station manually....tried to use voice recognition-uconnect to change the station but nothing changes on the SAT screen....just call to subscribe....

Called multiple time to have Sirius send a signal...tried online....

Anyone have any luck?

·
Registered
696 Posts
so u called them to reactivate it and they cant? there is no signal like antenna issues? or you cant change the channel like your radio buttons, knobs, and switches are broken?

You dont need that channel to reactivate. You do need a signal though. You also need the serial number which you can get from pressing a series of buttons on the unit which they can tell u how to do on the phone.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
In order to activate it, you need to give them the serial number. I know how to get it for an 06/07, but the radios changed in 08. 06/07, with the ignition on and the radio off, simultaneously press the CD eject and time buttons for 3 seconds and the SN will be displayed. This may be the same on your radio, but your owners manual should walk you through the process. Then, to activate the radio, you have to have the ignition key to "on", Jeep not running, and you have to be parked in an open area where the radio can receive the signal. Also, the Sirius radio needs to be on. Get them on the phone, give them the SN, and pay for your subscription. You will have to pay for the whole year. They will then ask you to verify that it is working. I have done this for 2 vehicles without an issue. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Is it a mygig? If it is the sirius #s are in the menu screen. Very easy to find.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Just reactivated my Sirrus Subscription 2 weeks ago, an XMAS gift for the wife.

On the 2010 RES radio, just tune to station 0 or 184, and it displays a message about calling to activate and then the ID number for your radio.

As well, you can press the Info Button in satellite mode.

The stations that you can tune depend on the satellite signal setup, when I lost Sirrus service, I could only tune 0 and 184. When we got a free intro period over thanksgiving, it would tune maybe 20 stations and give us some service, then back to 0 & 184 with just a promo coming over the air.

Like mentioned, it varies from radio to radio. Your owners manual will have the instructions to get the Radio's ID for the radio that came with your vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts